The Student Room Group

Is this girl that I just met interested in me and did I mess up my chances?

Hello so recently I've met a girl through a mutual friend and I would like to know whether she was interested in me and did I mess my chances up with her. We met through a mutual friend, she was rude and upfront which is not a bad thing but it was offputting as it was my first time meeting her (i didnt mind if someone was rude if they were a long time friend of mine). Nothing really happened, we barely talked (she did ask me a bunch of questions but i replied in a short manner because im shy in front of new people). After the first interaction, I found out she asked my mutual friend about me. Fast forward 1week or so, we meet again through our mutual friend. She was still rude which I still find off putting but not a turn off. ATP she started giving me some mixed signals through out the day. First off she complained my name was too long and gave me a nickname, but not a normal one. One with bear. For example : Clairebear (im not a girl this is an example). Afterwards, she was kinda touchy and kept grabbing/holding my arm/hand. I didnt think anything about it at that time as i like to walk slow and prolly thought i was just walking too slow. But she would hold my arm even when I was basically right behind her. I physically cringed on my face because I was a shy introverted person and her grabbing me in public made me feel weird especially since she was a person i've only met twice. My mutual friend captured a picture of me cringing and when she saw it later, she turned slightly colder towards me. Did i ruin my chances and was she actually interested in me or just an upfront extroverted person? (It's been 3-4 days since this story. We've only met twice so far). Thank you for listening and any advice given.
Get rid of this self image that you're a shy person. It's a limiting belief that's holding you back too much. It's the sort of thought pattern that you've gotta dump to make the most progress in your life.
Having the self image that you're generous with conversational space is fine.
But you've got to start pushing yourself to speak more when the time is appropriate and you speaking is the right thing to do. Getting to that may involve you taking yourself and your life less seriously than you have been doing. Lighten up. Let stuff come out of your mouth. Today's embarrassing incident is tomorrow's amusing anecdote.

It's unimportant in the grand scheme of things whether this particular girl likes you or not. What is of importance is you developping the ability to attract desirable women. Treat every dating type interaction with attractive females as a personal practical psychological experiment for you. Or treat every interaction as an opportunity for you to enhance the life of the woman in front of you. With you aiming for win win interactions.

So, coming back to this woman, do you know the 3 ways to pass her (4 letter word) tests? Find out and practise these the next time she gives you some sass.

Look to escalate the physical contact. In a socially calibrated, non-rapey way. Two people that are attracted to each other, touching each other affectionately is a beautiful thing.
There's the old joke "Hey! Keep your hands off the merchandise!" you could use when she touches you - as a bit of reverse psychology / kidding around and having a laugh.

Aim to keep things light and inject liberal doses of humour and fun into your time with her, or any other woman you're attracted to.
Let your conversations go off on the wackiest tangents.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Get rid of this self image that you're a shy person. It's a limiting belief that's holding you back too much. It's the sort of thought pattern that you've gotta dump to make the most progress in your life.
Having the self image that you're generous with conversational space is fine.
But you've got to start pushing yourself to speak more when the time is appropriate and you speaking is the right thing to do. Getting to that may involve you taking yourself and your life less seriously than you have been doing. Lighten up. Let stuff come out of your mouth. Today's embarrassing incident is tomorrow's amusing anecdote.

It's unimportant in the grand scheme of things whether this particular girl likes you or not. What is of importance is you developping the ability to attract desirable women. Treat every dating type interaction with attractive females as a personal practical psychological experiment for you. Or treat every interaction as an opportunity for you to enhance the life of the woman in front of you. With you aiming for win win interactions.

So, coming back to this woman, do you know the 3 ways to pass her (4 letter word) tests? Find out and practise these the next time she gives you some sass.

Look to escalate the physical contact. In a socially calibrated, non-rapey way. Two people that are attracted to each other, touching each other affectionately is a beautiful thing.
There's the old joke "Hey! Keep your hands off the merchandise!" you could use when she touches you - as a bit of reverse psychology / kidding around and having a laugh.

Aim to keep things light and inject liberal doses of humour and fun into your time with her, or any other woman you're attracted to.
Let your conversations go off on the wackiest tangents.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give me advice. I will try my absolute best to get rid of my mindset. I'm usually an extremely loud and funny person (according to my friends) but that's only when I'm around people that I feel comfortable with. Usually when I meet a new person, I become a super awkward quiet guy. You are right, it is to do with my thought pattern. Thank you for pointing it out.. I already knew for quite a while but didnt want to face this problem. ^-^ thanks and I hope you have a great day
Reply 3
It’s not looking very positive, she’s rude to you and you don’t particularly fancy her. I would knock it on the head and look for a better option. Or if you do want to try to progress it now, ask her out and see how it goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending