The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Fee Status?!!??!

On UCAS my Edinburgh offer states that 'This offer is on the basis that we consider your fee status on the relevant date to be England/Wales/N Ireland/Republic of Ireland fee rate'.

Do I have to do anything regarding fee status, or is this down to them? I'm from England if that changes anything.

Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
I think this would just be down to them if they haven't asked you to do anything
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
That's nothing to worry about. If you're from England, your fee status is just that. If you're from Scotland, your fee status is Home/Scottish and if you're from outside of the UK your fee status is International. Universities give out a certain number of offers to people from each category. If, however, your fee status were to change (i.e. you were to move elsewhere), they might withdraw the offer and reconsider your application alongside others of the same fee status.
Original post by Anonymous
That's nothing to worry about. If you're from England, your fee status is just that. If you're from Scotland, your fee status is Home/Scottish and if you're from outside of the UK your fee status is International. Universities give out a certain number of offers to people from each category. If, however, your fee status were to change (i.e. you were to move elsewhere), they might withdraw the offer and reconsider your application alongside others of the same fee status.

So unless they specifically ask you, you don't have to do anything!
All it means is they’ve regarded you as an RUK student so you will be charged £9250 a year, they also mention your fee status because it plays a part in your offer, for example statistically at Edinburgh on most courses internationals are more likely to get offers than Scottish or RUK students because of the money they pay to the uni for tuition fees. Unless you are wanting to challenge it (which you shouldn’t because it’s correct) you don’t need to do anything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending