The Student Room Group

internet help

There are going to be some building works where I live and that means the router for the internet will need to be disconnected. Does anyone know I can solve the problem of getting broadband and internet on my laptop?
Original post by Kutie Karen
There are going to be some building works where I live and that means the router for the internet will need to be disconnected. Does anyone know I can solve the problem of getting broadband and internet on my laptop?

Use data via your mobile phone
Original post by bamtutor
Use data via your mobile phone

Thanks.:smile: I need the internet quite a lot and the data doesn't stretch that far. This will be for a few months at least so not sure how to cope.
Thanks.:smile: I need the internet quite a lot and the data doesn't stretch that far. This will be for a few months at least so not sure how to cope.

Why will it be down for that long? Will internet access be down for the entire time works are going on?
Why will it be down for that long? Will internet access be down for the entire time works are going on?

Yes unfortuantly. That room and area will be out of bounds.
Yes unfortuantly. That room and area will be out of bounds.

https://www.btwifi.co.uk/ you could get short term as you go BT hotspot contract
https://www.btwifi.co.uk/ you could get short term as you go BT hotspot contract

Aw thanks. I will look into that and see if that works. Thanks:smile:
Are there any other options ?
Are there any other options ?

get a new router?
Original post by skiDaddy
get a new router?

The router is fine. It just cannot be plugged into the socket for few to several months due to the works and beign out of bounds.
get a new router?

The router is fine. The problem is the phone socket and the where the router gets plugged in cannot be used for few to several months. Any other ideas that might help out? really need a solution as it is driving me mad
The router is fine. It just cannot be plugged into the socket for few to several months due to the works and beign out of bounds.

would a broadband be good enough ?
would a broadband be good enough ?

anything that means I can use my laptop and internet. How woudl that work if I can't plug anythign in? Really not that smart with techy things.
anything that means I can use my laptop and internet. How woudl that work if I can't plug anythign in? Really not that smart with techy things.

it should not be much of a hassle tho... first get yourself one and a tutorial video on youtube on how to work it all out would help
it should not be much of a hassle tho... first get yourself one and a tutorial video on youtube on how to work it all out would help

confuses:confused:. what are you suggesting to help with this?
confuses:confused:. what are you suggesting to help with this?

just saying you should check it out on YouTube....how to connect to a broadband wirelessly, would have loved to explain it all out here for you here but typing it all out would be so much stress
just saying you should check it out on YouTube....how to connect to a broadband wirelessly, would have loved to explain it all out here for you here but typing it all out would be so much stress

ok. i see. do you need anything special thing or equipment?
ok. i see. do you need anything special thing or equipment?

you"ll just need to get a broadband from a store. That's all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending