The Student Room Group

Uni rejected the offer then changed to conditional offer for postgrad?

Is it impossible or just uncommon(but possible) that initially applicant got rejected and then the application changed to conditional offer?

Or it is just technical issue that last year I got rejected and this year the system was shown missed information?

Or it happened sometimes? If my first degree was difficult to interpret if it met eligible criteria. And I also have very strong relevant work experience.

I just started wondering about it after I got it for months and I’ve been preparing every tough things including statement, english, and scholarship. Very stress rn if they can take the offer back after I already preparing hard and already meet all requirements now.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Johnny Jun
Is it impossible or just uncommon(but possible) that initially applicant got rejected and then the application changed to conditional offer?

Or it is just technical issue that last year I got rejected and this year the system was shown missed information?

Or it happened sometimes? If my first degree was difficult to interpret if it met eligible criteria. And I also have very strong relevant work experience.

I just started wondering about it after I got it for months and I’ve been preparing every tough things including statement, english, and scholarship. Very stress rn if they can take the offer back after I already preparing hard and already meet all requirements now.

It's not entirely clear what happened. Are you saying you applied for a PG course this year, and first you were told you were rejected, and then that answer changed to conditional offer, without any additional information from you?

In which case, administrative errors do happen, and you should contact the university and check.

What happened last year is irrelevant. Application cohorts change.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
It's not entirely clear what happened. Are you saying you applied for a PG course this year, and first you were told you were rejected, and then that answer changed to conditional offer, without any additional information from you?

In which case, administrative errors do happen, and you should contact the university and check.

What happened last year is irrelevant. Application cohorts change.

Yes. I didn’t send any further docs. And it’s been 2 months since I got condition offer.
Original post by Johnny Jun
Yes. I didn’t send any further docs. And it’s been 2 months since I got condition offer.

Then you can check with them directly, or just accept and fulfil your offer. If you think there was an error, all you can do is check with them.
Reply 4
Original post by threeportdrift
Then you can check with them directly, or just accept and fulfil your offer. If you think there was an error, all you can do is check with them.

Thanks. I will try figuring it out.

I just reviewed my timeline again. It wasn’t directly changed from unsuccessful to offer. It was like under review -> unsuccessful (for 1-2days) -> changed back to under review for 3-4 weeks -> conditional offer for 2 months now

I guess that 2 days of unsuccessful was a technical error. Btw, I will ask them to make sure after the Easter Break.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
I got an update today. It might be helpful for people who will probably face the situation like me in the future.
I've directly contacted with the department and they confirmed that I got an offer.
I still don't know the certain cause of displaying as rejection first before changing to under review.
But I don't care anymore, to get confirmation that I can take a place in the uni is enough 🤣.
I "guess" it might be the mistaken information from the last year because I used the same account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending