The Student Room Group

Late Uni Application

Is it too late to send a uni application through UCAS for the 2023 academic year ?
Probably tbh - but its worth a try!
If you have an application, it at least means you can go through clearing or ucas extra
(Original post by johnmichael2021)Is it too late to send a uni application through UCAS for the 2023 academic year ?

No it isnt but the sooner you get it in the better. Some universities and courses will be full but there will be others still accepting applications. You need to ring universities to check and get your reference done asap.
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by johnmichael2021)Is it too late to send a uni application through UCAS for the 2023 academic year ?

No it isnt but the sooner you get it in the better. Some universities and courses will be full but there will be others still accepting applications. You need to ring universities to check and get your reference done asap.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.. I appreciate your advice and input!! :smile:
Looks like I’m going to be making rounds as soon tomorrow:smile:
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Probably tbh - but its worth a try!
If you have an application, it at least means you can go through clearing or ucas extra

Thank you so much Emma for taking the time to reply to my question.. I appreciate your advice very much :smile:
I’ll send some application anyway and just hope for the best :smile:
all the best with you !!!
Original post by johnmichael2021
Thank you so much Emma for taking the time to reply to my question.. I appreciate your advice very much :smile:
I’ll send some application anyway and just hope for the best :smile:
all the best with you !!!

No problem, is your application done so it just needs to be submitted?
Ucas extra and clearing can be a bit of a nightmare, but people often get places!
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
No problem, is your application done so it just needs to be submitted?
Ucas extra and clearing can be a bit of a nightmare, but people often get places!

I just finished my application 2 nights ago but didn’t bother to submit it because I feared that it might be too late :frown:
So I just posted a question here to see what you all think :smile:
Im hoping for the best and hopefully through clearing I’ll get an offer!
Original post by johnmichael2021
I just finished my application 2 nights ago but didn’t bother to submit it because I feared that it might be too late :frown:
So I just posted a question here to see what you all think :smile:
Im hoping for the best and hopefully through clearing I’ll get an offer!

If you apply now you might get an offer before clearing. The key is getting your reference done quickly and ensuring that the courses you apply to are still accepting applications. The top universities mainly RG will be mostly full. Other universities will probably still be accepting applications.

Look at ucas course search and filter on only show application with vacancies then ring the universities to make sure that they are still accepting applications. You can check ucas search now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending