The Student Room Group

I'm having trouble focusing on studies how can i focus better?

How can i focus better on studies?
first,decrease screen-time.this could be done either by turning off your smart gadgets for a specific allotted time(ensure that you do not reach it by any means)
secondly, motivate yourself by looking or reading about successful people and their journey
thirdly,treat yourself with healthy/favourite food choice of yours on a productive day!
repeat!
you can also practise puzzles or some other brain-stimulating games(not on any e-device) during the little break after studies.

these methods have been helpful for a many people because motivation drops low during this period. in such times,keep your spirits high and yourself focused!
Reply 2
Original post by Saeed23
first,decrease screen-time.this could be done either by turning off your smart gadgets for a specific allotted time(ensure that you do not reach it by any means)
secondly, motivate yourself by looking or reading about successful people and their journey
thirdly,treat yourself with healthy/favourite food choice of yours on a productive day!
repeat!
you can also practise puzzles or some other brain-stimulating games(not on any e-device) during the little break after studies.

these methods have been helpful for a many people because motivation drops low during this period. in such times,keep your spirits high and yourself focused!

Thank you very much I really do appreciate this!
Original post by Person9721

It really depends on the person. For me, lists do not work, like at all. But sometimes, when I'm overwhelmed I still make a list of my to-dos, but then I randomise and say to myself "whatever comes, I'm gonna do it!" it kinda helps because then I don't have to think that I should be revising for 8 other subjects and also, I won't have to choose which one to start w. I have adhd so I really struggle with adhd paralysis, where I know I have millions of things to do but just don't do it bc either idk where to start or it seems boring/too hard. Just turn everything into a game lool
Original post by Person9721

Heya!
If it helps, try using the Pomodoro technique. You can read more about it here. It's very helpful and I have used it a lot to focus on my work :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 5
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
If it helps, try using the Pomodoro technique. You can read more about it here. It's very helpful and I have used it a lot to focus on my work :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

I have heard about it and it seems great i'll try to use it, thanks for the suggestion very much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest