The Student Room Group

Fashion - would you rather go to Leeds Beckett vs Manchester Met?

I've applied for fashion marketing and have just received an offer from Leeds Beckett. I've also applied to Manchester Met & Southampton. Going off rankings, Leeds is ranked higher for marketing & PR but ranked lower for fashion. I just don't know which one to firm at all as I'm a European student so I just don't know which one is the best or has the best reputation.
manchester met has the higher ranking
Original post by angelinahx
I've applied for fashion marketing and have just received an offer from Leeds Beckett. I've also applied to Manchester Met & Southampton. Going off rankings, Leeds is ranked higher for marketing & PR but ranked lower for fashion. I just don't know which one to firm at all as I'm a European student so I just don't know which one is the best or has the best reputation.

If it were me, my first priority would be UoS, the next one is MMU. I wouldn't have considered the other one at all.

But you need to think particularly about course modules, the way course is designed, subject ranking and it's reputation.

University of Southampton has a wonderful campus at Winchester.

Go through the course modules in detail and choose the course that interests you the most. Don't get hung up on rankings. The majority of employers won't care where you got your degree form - they'll be more interested in the experience you have gained from internships, placements, etc.

Have you managed to visit any of the unis? I've had a tour of the Chatham Building at MMU where some of the fashion department facilities are based - I thought it was very impressive.
Original post by Meheraj
If it were me, my first priority would be UoS, the next one is MMU. I wouldn't have considered the other one at all.

But you need to think particularly about course modules, the way course is designed, subject ranking and it's reputation.

Original post by totallyfine
University of Southampton has a wonderful campus at Winchester.

Southampton doesn’t even attend Graduate Fashion Week.

MMU does.

Quick Reply

Latest