The Student Room Group

Summer jobs

Do any current Year 11s or anyone who has done their GCSES know the process to get work in the summer after GCSES. I’m unsure about things such as how to get the best wage possible, CVs and days that I can take off. Does anyone know where to apply and recommend jobs. I don’t really know anyone who owns a business that I could work for. I’ll be 16 and don’t want to work for a long period. I’m looking at working from the end of June until the end of August.
Original post by schooluserfor
Do any current Year 11s or anyone who has done their GCSES know the process to get work in the summer after GCSES. I’m unsure about things such as how to get the best wage possible, CVs and days that I can take off. Does anyone know where to apply and recommend jobs. I don’t really know anyone who owns a business that I could work for. I’ll be 16 and don’t want to work for a long period. I’m looking at working from the end of June until the end of August.

Hi, I'm currently in Year 11. There's a website called Indeed and you can search for jobs. I think you have to apply and add in a CV?? I'm not sure.
(edited 1 year ago)
Glassdoor usually has a good number of jobs on it.

It sounds silly, but McDonalds pays surprisingly well, so that might be worth a try.
Original post by schooluserfor

Why dont you get a permenant job (rather than just a summer job). Then you can carry it on alongside college/6th form.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Glassdoor usually has a good number of jobs on it.

It sounds silly, but McDonalds pays surprisingly well, so that might be worth a try.

I second that about mcdonalds. They are flexible and pay decent.
However they dont really do summer jobs. Any job there is permanent.

Quick Reply

Latest