The Student Room Group

Nuffield or PROMYS europe?

Deciding between these two for the summer, I have been accepted for promys and have been "shortlisted" for Nuffield research placement (whatever that means exactly lol). I applied for physics for Nuffield. I still am not decided whether I want to study physics or pure mathematics, I know it's a bit late as I am in year 12 rn but whatever...

I really like the idea of contributing to research. I don't know to what extent this is done in Nuffield vs whether you are just a coffee boy? I recall one example of a person who just made a webpage advertising some guys astronomy research. If that is what I can realistically expect from Nuffield then I will take promys.

Fwiw my mental health isn't the best (I am in a ward at the moment lol), I know promys is quite competitive and that really intimidates me icl. I get bad social anxiety and struggle to form connections because I have very low self esteem, maybe this is a factor? I get the sense promys is more intense, and while I would like to push myself

Content warning - mention of previous suicidal thoughts

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending