The Student Room Group

Possible getting rejected next year after rejecting UCL this year?

Hi all, I would like to know if my chances of acceptance next year would be higher compared to other applicants if I were to reject UCL this year.

I have been given a conditional offer to a programme in UCL, but due to unforeseen circumstances, my savings for my Master's degree has been depleted and I will not be able to pay my tuition fees and living expenses fully. This means that I have to reject my offer this year, and reapply next year. UCL has mentioned that they do not allow deferrals for postgraduate programmes.

I am afraid of possible rejection applying next year, even though I have receive a conditional offer this year. How likely is this going to happen?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by eraserpencil
Hi all, I would like to know if my chances of acceptance next year would be higher compared to other applicants if I were to reject UCL this year.

I have been given a conditional offer to a programme in UCL, but due to unforeseen circumstances, my savings for my Master's degree has been depleted and I will not be able to pay my tuition fees and living expenses fully. This means that I have to reject my offer this year, and reapply next year. UCL has mentioned that they do not allow deferrals for postgraduate programmes.

I am afraid of possible rejection applying next year, even though I have receive a conditional offer this year. How likely is this going to happen?

The admissions team won't hold it against you, particularly if you let them know not being able to take up your current offer is financially driven.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
The admissions team won't hold it against you, particularly if you let them know not being able to take up your current offer is financially driven.

Do you reckon I will have a better chance of admission compared to other applicants, since I have already gotten conditional offer (which would have been met) before?
Original post by eraserpencil
Do you reckon I will have a better chance of admission compared to other applicants, since I have already gotten conditional offer (which would have been met) before?

No, it's almost certainly going to be business as usual next admissions round, if it's a competitive course then entry might still depend on who else applies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending