The Student Room Group

are this years year 11 smart?

title- are the grade boundaries more likely gonna be lower then? and also the exams must be made easier if we're not compared to other years right?
Reply 1
i think thats a very difficult question to ask as there will be differences in every single school in the UK. The grade boundaries this years are meant to be returning to 'normal' so they should be comparable to the 2019 grade boundaries used before COVD. Exams won't necessarily be made any easier for this year, they are meant to be standard. When looking at the 2019 or any other boundaries i would say my recommendation would be to add 5% on to each boundary so you are safe when aiming for a particular grade/
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
so ur telling me for a 9 in maths u need to get above 200? 198 was the grade boundary for 2019 and adding 5% onto it would give above 200 surely? (this is for edexcel btw)
Reply 3
Original post by megan_xay
so ur telling me for a 9 in maths u need to get above 200? 198 was the grade boundary for 2019 and adding 5% onto it would give above 200 surely? (this is for edexcel btw)

i'm not necessarily saying you will have to get above 200 for this year as no one can 100% predict the boundaries but in order to be safe you should aim for above 200. But realistically it shouldn't get much higher than the 198 boundary as grade boundaries dont tend to increase by a huge amount each year, hope this helps/

Quick Reply

Latest