The Student Room Group

University and course changes

Hey , I took psychology in this uni and have firmed my choices however now I want to take a different course ,architecture. My firm uni option does not have this course but my insurance does.

how can I swap them around? and if I do would the uni even consider changing my courses? do I contact the both unis or contact UCAS? I would appreciate any help! Thank you!
“Took psychology at this uni”. Do you mean that you graduated? Or that you have applied to it?
Do you have the necessary qualifications to study Architecture?

If you wish to apply to a different course, you have to reapply, and give up the other.
Some Universities will allow transfers between courses, but only if there is room, the student has qualifications to suit the course, and the course leader is willing.

There is a significant difference between the courses that you mention.
Reply 2
by I took psychology means I have applied for that. and thanks for the information.
Original post by domonict
“Took psychology at this uni”. Do you mean that you graduated? Or that you have applied to it?
Do you have the necessary qualifications to study Architecture?

If you wish to apply to a different course, you have to reapply, and give up the other.
Some Universities will allow transfers between courses, but only if there is room, the student has qualifications to suit the course, and the course leader is willing.

There is a significant difference between the courses that you mention.
Original post by Razzn
Hey , I took psychology in this uni and have firmed my choices however now I want to take a different course ,architecture. My firm uni option does not have this course but my insurance does.

how can I swap them around? and if I do would the uni even consider changing my courses? do I contact the both unis or contact UCAS? I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

The first thing you need to do is ask your insurance if they will consider you for architecture. You might need to submit a suitable portfolio of art and design work before they will change your offer.

Do any of your other 5 choices offer architecture? If so ring them too.

Be sure you can swap to arch before you swap your replies. If they won’t make you an offer for arch then you might be better change all your replies to decline all offers so that you can apply to another university using extra.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
The first thing you need to do is ask your insurance if they will consider you for architecture. You might need to submit a suitable portfolio of art and design work before they will change your offer.

Do any of your other 5 choices offer architecture? If so ring them too.

Be sure you can swap to arch before you swap your replies. If they won’t make you an offer for arch then you might be better change all your replies to decline all offers so that you can apply to another university using extra.

Thank you so much! I found this rlly helpful and will use your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending