The Student Room Group

University resit

can you be refused an opportunity to resit exam modules and if you do have to resit how does it usually occur
Original post by Anonymous
can you be refused an opportunity to resit exam modules and if you do have to resit how does it usually occur

You need to check the Academic Regulations for your particular university. I don't think I've ever seen any when there has been no opportunity to resit, although I guess if you just didn't turn up and had no reasonable explanation that might apply.

Most universities have a "resit period" over the summer, which is when resits would take place.

I'm sure someone will be happy to look up the rules which apply to you if you let us know what university you're attending.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

The rules may differ between different Universities, but as long as you haven't failed for a reason related to academic misconduct there is typically always an opportunity to resit an exam in the summer, though this is typically capped at 40% (the pass mark).

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending