The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College discussion

Imperial is my first choice university. I am applying to study here for Medicine this year. After attending multiple events/open days, I really do feel that I will settle in well. However, I am aware that no perfect place exists on Earth. Everyone be brutally honest and tell me what the reality of Imperial is like. I have been told the social life is horrible and they make you overwork INCREDIBLY. Am I missing anything else?
Reply 1
Social life is whatever you make of it - some people go out every night, some people dont go out. Medicine is notoriously quite social with lots of events so i wouldnt worry about that. Plus you are in London so theres way more things to do that other unis.

I think workload is manageable for medicine from what ive heard, gets trickier later on but more because theres lot of content rather that it being difficult.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by z4ra.x
Imperial is my first choice university. I am applying to study here for Medicine this year. After attending multiple events/open days, I really do feel that I will settle in well. However, I am aware that no perfect place exists on Earth. Everyone be brutally honest and tell me what the reality of Imperial is like. I have been told the social life is horrible and they make you overwork INCREDIBLY. Am I missing anything else?

people say that they overwork you because you have the sweatiest mfs that come from A-level that want to do anything - it's university: you can choose how much work to put in. Social life is good at Imperial - you might have to search a bit more for people you get on with here but once you find them I guarantee they'll be amazing. Did you end up going to ICL?
I ended up taking a gap year and will be applying this year for 2025 entry! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending