The Student Room Group

If you could create a game about anything, what would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kallisto
A game in which the player can try many kinds of different vehicles? that sounds fun, but also as if the kind of vehicle is default and cannot be chosen by the player.

There would be many branches in the game. Any branch that involved choosing to move in to a vehicle could also involve choosing a different way e.g. going down a mudslide. It's meant to be an adventure, about the different routes, rather than whether or not the player can choose a different vehicle to go down the same route. The ideology it stems from is on-rails remember, just a wide version of it. Just like in Uncharted, the game presents a certain aesthetic and mood in any particular section based on what the game designer wanted to present there. It is an adventure with choose your own adventure aspects (although no death for making a certain choice) but it's not about complete player agency. However, it would be a very widely branching game. No branches would result in coming back to a central path. There is no central path. Occasionally, a choice could come down to choose the motorbike or choose the sledge but they'd each go down a completely different path.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Bookworm524
Personally I don't know much about games, but my friends and I have an idea about private boarding school themed game
e.g. Avoid the head master, matron etc,
Deal with too hard potatoes and pink chicken in the dining hall
stop chemistry classroom from exploding

Yep sounds like our school :colonhash:
An open world fantasy game in which you have to save a country from an evil dictator, but every time you die, you are reincarnated, and you can see the consequences of your previous life's actions, and adapt your strategy accordingly
Original post by probably_sane
An open world fantasy game in which you have to save a country from an evil dictator, but every time you die, you are reincarnated, and you can see the consequences of your previous life's actions, and adapt your strategy accordingly

Good idea. I would add different endings to the game according to the decisions the player makes in the game.

Quick Reply

Latest