The Student Room Group

How do I downgrade Window 11 to Window 10?

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, but I'm having some compatibility issues with some of my software and drivers. As a result, I want to downgrade back to Windows 10, but I'm not sure how to do it. Currently I am using laptop ram 8gb.

I've tried searching online for tutorials and guides, but I'm still confused about the process. So, if anyone has experience with downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 or knows the steps to follow, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by trammygombez
Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, but I'm having some compatibility issues with some of my software and drivers. As a result, I want to downgrade back to Windows 10, but I'm not sure how to do it. Currently I am using laptop ram 8gb.

I've tried searching online for tutorials and guides, but I'm still confused about the process. So, if anyone has experience with downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 or knows the steps to follow, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

Hi!

Didn't you check compatibility before installing Windows 11? Did you try running troubleshooting? If you didn't, try it. But before you do, look at some online tutorials or articles.

Here are the two sites that you can follow if you want to downgrade to Windows 10 from 11:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-windows-11-to-windows-10/84a2416d-ccfb-4d87-9eee-e1056591e91f
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-11-to-10-cant-go-back/5b6e6dbb-489d-4f03-95da-63cb17f9c98a

But I would advise you not to downgrade in the first instance, as it might make it more troublesome. Try troubleshooting first. Maybe resetting your laptop. If that doesn't work, then you don't have any options other than going backwards.
Reply 2
If I could still use vista or xp, I would
Windows 10 LTSC is the only one worth using.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending