The Student Room Group

Sociology A Level

Is it necessary to use sociological studies in sociology essays A level?

e.g Self Fulfilling Prophecy

Do I have to use Rosenthal and Jacobson study, or can I use an example of mine on the spot?
Reply 1
yes it gives u ao3 points and u wont get into high bands with no researchers/studies :smile: you dont need to know them in full detail though!! just a brief summary of what they found so it can support your point, e.g. rosenthal and jacobsen gave random fake IQ's to teachers and found that students that had been labelled as having high IQ fulfilled a self fulfilling prophecy as they achieved better etc.
depends on the exam board, however i do believe most (if not all) require marks for sociological relevance as after all it is a study of sociology, and thus you need to back it up with sociological relevance, which is conducted by sociologists
Original post by 17seventeen
yes it gives u ao3 points and u wont get into high bands with no researchers/studies :smile: you dont need to know them in full detail though!! just a brief summary of what they found so it can support your point, e.g. rosenthal and jacobsen gave random fake IQ's to teachers and found that students that had been labelled as having high IQ fulfilled a self fulfilling prophecy as they achieved better etc.

This

Quick Reply

Latest