The Student Room Group

I’m a loner

I‘m in my mid-late 20s and I am a loner.

I don‘t have any friends...I wished my whole life to have friends, thats all I ever wanted more than money, more than a job.

Everytime I‘m friends with someone, they would use me...they would always take my kindness for granted.

I have no social circle...just nothing

I‘m a really nice person, I want people in my life, I need people. But I just don‘t have anyone.

I have no one to go travelling with, no one to go to bars/clubs or other social events. I wished I had that

I‘ve went to uni...in hopes to have a huge amount of “friends“ but sadly my friendship circle just fell apart. I tried to bring our social circle back together but no one really wanted to talk or make things work.

It‘s hard to make friends now in the late 20s

I really tried my best, I don‘t know what to do

Please be nice...any advice?
Thank you
Reply 1
I found I made friends through work later in life sometimes it’s the people you least expect to click with too! When you say they take your kindness for granted may I suggest if it’s over generosity to try not to do that as I found it attracts takers in life!
There’s loads of people who struggle making friends try not to worry and think it’s you because even the most confident of people feel awkward and uncomfortable!! One of my friends randomly asked me for a coffee wen we were in line to apply for nursery for our kids I was horrified but a year down the line we are still in contact take chances and if it’s not a match it wasn’t meant to be have faith you’ll find your people in the end!! Good luck x
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I found I made friends through work later in life sometimes it’s the people you least expect to click with too! When you say they take your kindness for granted may I suggest if it’s over generosity to try not to do that as I found it attracts takers in life!
There’s loads of people who struggle making friends try not to worry and think it’s you because even the most confident of people feel awkward and uncomfortable!! One of my friends randomly asked me for a coffee wen we were in line to apply for nursery for our kids I was horrified but a year down the line we are still in contact take chances and if it’s not a match it wasn’t meant to be have faith you’ll find your people in the end!! Good luck x

Thank you, I do get a long well with my colleagues at work...I guess this is a start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending