The Student Room Group

Customer Services Group; Executive Officer (EO) - Home Office - Various Roles

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kcw1986
Just wanna check are all the questions 5 mins

I thought the behaviour one would be 5 mins and the strength ones 2 mins

If I remember correctly, the behaviours were 3.00. Strengths were 2.00. I don’t remember anything being 5 minutes long at all.

there were definitely 2 strengths but everything seems to go quickly so I can only respond to what I remember
Reply 81
Ah I see I think I’ve prepared for this interview incorrectly I was expecting strength questions like what is your greatest accomplishment but these all sound geared to the behaviours and I only had two really good examples which I could twist depending on how the question was answered as I was only expecting 2 behaviour questions

Don’t think I’ll be able to do this interview really
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Kcw1986
Ah I see I think I’ve prepared for this interview incorrectly I was expecting strength questions like what is your greatest accomplishment but these all sound geared to the behaviours and I only had two really good examples which I could twist depending on how the question was answered as I was only expecting 2 behaviour questions

Yes they were all geared towards the behaviours. The only one that wasn’t was the first ice breaker, ‘what do you enjoy doing in your spare time’

If you can manage to pull some strengths from your behaviours, go for it. You’ve come a long way already… good luck
Reply 83
Original post by Kcw1986

Don't pull out, all they can do is say no but you might do better than you think. Double check but usually they allow (or even encourage) people to use their notes, so you might be able to twist them around from strength to behavior, esp if sitting in front of you
Reply 84
Unfortunately am used to one question on each behaviour so I’ve got two really good examples one for leadership and one for making effective decisions so I can’t see me doing well really am guessing there’s more than one behaviour question for each
Original post by JDSensations
Don't pull out, all they can do is say no but you might do better than you think. Double check but usually they allow (or even encourage) people to use their notes, so you might be able to twist them around from strength to behavior, esp if sitting in front of you
Reply 85
i’ve just done the interview and i completely messed up ugh :frown: it was going well but then my mind just went blank for the last questions. the questions werent that bad though. i know i won’t get this role sadly but good luck everyone
Reply 86
Original post by Kcw1986
Unfortunately am used to one question on each behaviour so I’ve got two really good examples one for leadership and one for making effective decisions so I can’t see me doing well really am guessing there’s more than one behaviour question for each

Don't cancel tgough. People on here can help guide you

Original post by lcylaaaaaa
i’ve just done the interview and i completely messed up ugh :frown: it was going well but then my mind just went blank for the last questions. the questions werent that bad though. i know i won’t get this role sadly but good luck everyone

WWould you mind posting the questions asked please?
Hi everyone!

Good luck for everyone going through the interview process! I know when I did the video sift / interview for the ADM I was really nervous, but managed to pass!

Fingers crossed for all of you! 🤞🏻
Reply 88
Are there any strength based questions in this interview or is it all behavioural only? Thanks
Reply 89
If someone can share the questions or style of questions being asked
Reply 90
Can someone please share any details about the interview. Feeling a bit jittery!
Reply 91
I just did mine 2 behaviour
4 strengths
5 mins for behaviour
2 mins for strengths

I had the two behaviours first then the strengths the last strength question was about inclusivity

Glad I pulled myself together and did it but was really nervous throughout and waffled a bit and think I messed up a strength but hey ho
Reply 92
Original post by Kcw1986
4 strengths
5 mins for behaviour
2 mins for strengths

I had the two behaviours first then the strengths the last strength question was about inclusivity

Glad I pulled myself together and did it but was really nervous throughout and waffled a bit and think I messed up a strength but hey ho

Brilliant, well done giving it a go hopefully you've done well
Reply 93
Original post by Kcw1986
4 strengths
5 mins for behaviour
2 mins for strengths

Great! Thanks for sharing. I sure am feeling a bit nervous
Reply 94
Original post by Kcw1986
4 strengths
5 mins for behaviour
2 mins for strengths

Glad I pulled myself together and did it but was really nervous throughout and waffled a bit and think I messed u

Hi, well done and thanks for sharing, could I please ask, without giving too much away, are the strengths related to the behaviours? I know they say you can't prepare for them but that's the bit I'm most nervous about!
Reply 95
Can I ask how many positions are they trying to fill through this campaign? I think I read 400 but not sure
Original post by Aaga77
Can I ask how many positions are they trying to fill through this campaign? I think I read 400 but not sure

Cardiff , Durham , Glasgow , Leeds , Newport (Gwent), Portishead , Ramsgate , Solihull , Southport , Stoke-on-Trent , Harmondsworth
150 positions across the above locations.

Im a current AO and can advise the bigger locations like Croydon and Sheffield tend to have their own campaigns, so the 400 probably included them.
Long as you meet the minimum score for each question you will be placed on reserve if dont score high enough for a role, the previous EO bridgaded offered roles in EO Asylum Decision Maker for those who made the reserve.

Good luck all.
Original post by Kcw1986
4 strengths
5 mins for behaviour
2 mins for strengths

I just did mine as well. Was pretty nerve racking but did good with the behaviours. Not so sure about the strengths.
First strengh was about complex decision making. Second strength was about task leading. Third strength was about quick decision making. Fourth strength was regarding inclusivity.
Reply 98
Can I just check is everyone’s status on the civil service website still dating interview slot booked?
Hey, Yes mine is after the interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending