The Student Room Group

Conditional Caution

Do conditional cautions show up on DBS Checks if the 3 months isn't up?
Original post by laninadeidiomas
Do conditional cautions show up on DBS Checks if the 3 months isn't up?

This page says:

A basic check "shows unspent convictions and conditional cautions".
A standard check "shows spent and unspent convictions and adult cautions, from the Police National Computer which have not been filtered in line with legislation".
An enhanced check "shows the same as a standard check plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role".

Do you know what type of check you will be subject to?

You can find more information on the filtering of cautions and convictions here.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
This page says:

A basic check "shows unspent convictions and conditional cautions".
A standard check "shows spent and unspent convictions and adult cautions, from the Police National Computer which have not been filtered in line with legislation".
An enhanced check "shows the same as a standard check plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role".

Do you know what type of check you will be subject to?

You can find more information on the filtering of cautions and convictions here.

Most of the jobs I apply for require a basic dbs check, however I was told that codification cautions don't show on basic checks, unless this is only when they are spent.
Most of the jobs I apply for require a basic dbs check, however I was told that codification cautions don't show on basic checks, unless this is only when they are spent.

As we can see here, a conditional caution is deemed "spent" after three months (or potentially earlier). As we can see in my original answer, spent conditional cautions will not appear on a basic DBS check.
Reply 4

Conditional cautions*
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
As we can see here, a conditional caution is deemed "spent" after three months (or potentially earlier). As we can see in my original answer, spent conditional cautions will not appear on a basic DBS check.

Well mine isn't up until August.. so it would show at present on a DBS and I desperately need a new job because my workplace isn't keeping me on, which I consider to be unfair.
Well mine isn't up until August.. so it would show at present on a DBS and I desperately need a new job because my workplace isn't keeping me on, which I consider to be unfair.

Yes, it would. Even a basic DBS check shows unspent conditional cautions. If the three months isn't up until August, presumably you've only just received the caution?

The DBS check system wouldn't really be very useful if it didn't show such recent conditional cautions.

One of the consequences of whatever action resulted in the conditional caution is difficulties with employment, which it appears you will face for the next three months. Perhaps could could find temporary work somewhere that doesn't perform DBS checks as part of its hiring process?
Reply 7
Find some temporary work somewhere until the three months is up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending