The Student Room Group

EO Caseworker Position with Home Office

Hi Guys

I’m wondering if anyone can shed some light on the above position and what it’s like (e.g work/life balance, management etc). I’ve just accepted a provisional job offer at Cardiff office but really need some light shed on this incase it may be too stressful/challenging! Any help/advice would be greatly received!

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Tinkertaylor
Hi Guys

I’m wondering if anyone can shed some light on the above position and what it’s like (e.g work/life balance, management etc). I’ve just accepted a provisional job offer at Cardiff office but really need some light shed on this incase it may be too stressful/challenging! Any help/advice would be greatly received!

Thanks

In any job, there are contributing factors which should match upwork home. with the job specification. These are your set skills,soft skills, experience, etc.
Most important of all is your experience in the job you are applying? If not is the prospective employer willing to train you?
Personally, I would chase a job which does not match my set skills and experience. For example, you are a cricket coach and apply for a football coach despite the fact the football cub is flexible in accepting coaches from other field but look at task you will be taking on- new skills, new teaching techiques which could impact on your life balance work. I used to be a lecturer and took on all kind of BTEC models to teach and co-ordinatinaor roles- it broke me down. I had to retire due to stress because I was taking work home. In any job- communication, assertiveness
and commiment are important factors. IF you are chasing a lay back lifestyle- then forget jobs asking you to work long hours after 5pm evening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending