The Student Room Group

Accreditation (Msc)

I’m in a fix, I got to know the course of my choosing is yet to gain accreditation and I have paid fees. This is was their response on a webinar organized by the school “the course is yet to get accreditation from Industry bodies, but the programme and qualification is fully approved”. Will I be wasting my time and will employers accept this degree? (Msc applied Data science in Engineering)
Original post by Osazeimalele
I’m in a fix, I got to know the course of my choosing is yet to gain accreditation and I have paid fees. This is was their response on a webinar organized by the school “the course is yet to get accreditation from Industry bodies, but the programme and qualification is fully approved”. Will I be wasting my time and will employers accept this degree? (Msc applied Data science in Engineering)

Hey @Osazeimalele

I'm sorry to hear that you are in this fix. Not being accredited by industry bodies does not mean that the course is not worth doing or that it is of a low standard. Most times accreditation is required if you have a specific career path. Ultimately, the decision remains with you if you wish to proceed or not with the course. I would suggest doing some research into what current employers are requiring and having a conversation with your university.

I really hope that you come to a good decision that would benefit you in the long run.

All the best!

- Dennis :biggrin: (PhD Air Transport Management student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending