The Student Room Group

Is it difficult to get into PhD?

I did my undergrad with 93% in media and Communications. Currently doing PG in Business with Marketing at Warwick Business School. Expecting a 2:1 grade. Do you think I have a good possibility of getting into a fully funded PhD programme for consumer psychology/behavior?
Please give your opinion :')
Original post by Sanarah
I did my undergrad with 93% in media and Communications. Currently doing PG in Business with Marketing at Warwick Business School. Expecting a 2:1 grade. Do you think I have a good possibility of getting into a fully funded PhD programme for consumer psychology/behavior?
Please give your opinion :')

Hey @Sanarah

Achieving good grades is only one small part of the PhD application process. You need to ensure that you have a solid research proposal with a great research topic. I would strongly suggest that you start contacting potential supervisors. Ensure that their research areas align with yours in consumer psychology/behavior. You should also start contacting universities about their PhD programmes and the scholarships that are available.

I really hope this helps a bit. If you would like to talk some more about the PhD process and being fully funded just send me a quick message as I was able to gain entry into a fully funded programme.

All the best!

- Dennis :biggrin: (PhD Air Transport Management student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending