The Student Room Group

Decision Maker- National Referral Mechanism - Public Safety Group (PSG)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lafleure35
Congratulations and thank u how long did it take? Which area?

It took about 6 working days from when I was cleared to when I was contacted for a start date. Location is Birmingham, how about you?
Reply 61
I did the interview for the decision maker around 2 weeks ago, how long did it take to hear back? I am currently already in the home office an an AO
Reply 62
Original post by K-max
It took about 6 working days from when I was cleared to when I was contacted for a start date. Location is Birmingham, how about you?

Hi! How long did it take to hear that you had passed the interview?
Reply 63
Original post by Downgal87
Hi! How long did it take to hear that you had passed the interview?

Hi, mine took 11 days
Reply 64
Original post by K-max
Hi, mine took 11 days

Wow that's fast, it took nearly 9 weeks to hear for the role I'm currently in so hopefully it be as quick as yours! Thanks for getting back to me
Reply 65
Original post by K-max
Hi, mine took 11 days

Can you tell me the format, does it at any point say this is strength section? So is it one behaviour question followed by a strength?
Reply 66
Original post by Saiyanman
Can you tell me the format, does it at any point say this is strength section? So is it one behaviour question followed by a strength?

I did the interview a couple weeks ago, there was a question in each behaviour then it tells you there will be 2 strength based questions after the behaviour questions
Reply 67
I did the interview a couple weeks ago, there was a question in each behaviour then it tells you there will be 2 strength based questions after the behaviour questions

Ahhh awesome, was it easy? I've got like 5 days to do mine, I have strong behaviour examples well I assume so, are the questions generic enough to fit any example of the behaviour or are they mad questions like " tell me a time you had to make a decision based on little information?" I'm not asking for the questions just wanna see if I'm on the right track for prep

Also sorry do you mean you get asked 5 questions in total 3 behaviour followed by two strengths?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 68
Ahhh awesome, was it easy? I've got like 5 days to do mine, I have strong behaviour examples well I assume so, are the questions generic enough to fit any example of the behaviour or are they mad questions like " tell me a time you had to make a decision based on little information?" I'm not asking for the questions just wanna see if I'm on the right track for prep

Also sorry do you mean you get asked 5 questions in total 3 behaviour followed by two strengths?

You get a test question to begin with which isn't marked, then a question on each behaviour, I had 3 for this role so a question on each then 2 strength questions, then you have to hold you ID up on camera and then upload a photo of it. I think it went ok but I haven't heard back yet so I don't know lol but yea those of the types of questions
Reply 69
You get a test question to begin with which isn't marked, then a question on each behaviour, I had 3 for this role so a question on each then 2 strength questions, then you have to hold you ID up on camera and then upload a photo of it. I think it went ok but I haven't heard back yet so I don't know lol but yea those of the types of questions

Ah bless you for coming back it's calmed my nerves a little :biggrin: and good luck btw :smile: which office did you apply for?

Are you external or do you currently work for the CS?
Reply 70
Ah bless you for coming back it's calmed my nerves a little :biggrin: and good luck btw :smile: which office did you apply for?

Are you external or do you currently work for the CS?

Thank you,hopefully I've done enough to pass, hard to know with the recorded interview! I applied for Belfast. I currently work for the HO, only started a few months ago
Reply 71
Thank you,hopefully I've done enough to pass, hard to know with the recorded interview! I applied for Belfast. I currently work for the HO, only started a few months ago

That's cool, what's it like in the HO? I'm HMRC, thought I'd try a change of scenery:biggrin:.. you guys just do two days in office right?
Reply 72

That's cool, what's it like in the HO? I'm HMRC, thought I'd try a change of scenery:biggrin:.. you guys just do two days in office right?

Yea it's ok, not what I was expecting! Call centre setting and I thought it was going to be admin, I'm at home everyday ATM as our office isn't really as it's a new team but will be in two days! We don't get Flexi and work 8.45-5.09 with set breaks. Wanting to move to a job with a bit more flexibility and job satisfaction
Reply 73
Original post by Rach023
Hi all, just received a provisional offer for this position today. Does anyone know if this is a hybrid role? Many thanks

It’s 40 in office 60 at home. Definite push to get you in the office. Nice place to work Altho very simple job they do complicate it. Do like their meetings. Endless meetings. But relatively worthwhile job
Quite a high turnover and some recent TS promotion has caused problems. I enjoyed my two years there. Glad to be going next week but it does get your foot on the ladder of the CS. heap praise on siobhan and you’ll go far!
Reply 74
Yea it's ok, not what I was expecting! Call centre setting and I thought it was going to be admin, I'm at home everyday ATM as our office isn't really as it's a new team but will be in two days! We don't get Flexi and work 8.45-5.09 with set breaks. Wanting to move to a job with a bit more flexibility and job satisfaction

Ah damn tbh I thought that when I first joined I was in debt management which was call call calls then i moved sidewards :biggrin: can't believe you don't even get flex though, that's mad...Well I'm hoping this decision maker is call centre or I'll reject it if I get it :biggrin:
Reply 75

Ah damn tbh I thought that when I first joined I was in debt management which was call call calls then i moved sidewards :biggrin: can't believe you don't even get flex though, that's mad...Well I'm hoping this decision maker is call centre or I'll reject it if I get it :biggrin:

I wasn't told it was a call centre until my 2nd day in, asked how I would be answering some calls or speaking to ppl and I said yes grand..little did I know it would be a call centre! They try and say it isn't a call centre but it is lol call after call! Everyone in the department said that's what they tell everyone to get them in!
I wasn't told it was a call centre until my 2nd day in, asked how I would be answering some calls or speaking to ppl and I said yes grand..little did I know it would be a call centre! They try and say it isn't a call centre but it is lol call after call! Everyone in the department said that's what they tell everyone to get them in!

Hiya,

Sorry what’s your position? You’re currently working in the Home Office right? Are you saying that this Decision Maker is similar to a call centre position or am I misunderstanding?!
Reply 77
Original post by Bangura3636

Hiya,

Sorry what’s your position? You’re currently working in the Home Office right? Are you saying that this Decision Maker is similar to a call centre position or am I misunderstanding?!

No I'm talking about my current role, the person I'd been replying to was asking me if I enjoyed working for the home office
No I'm talking about my current role, the person I'd been replying to was asking me if I enjoyed working for the home office

Ah; thanks for clarifying! So your current position isn’t a DM is it?
Reply 79
Original post by Bangura3636

Ah; thanks for clarifying! So your current position isn’t a DM is it?

No, I'm waiting to hear back about my interview for DM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending