The Student Room Group

Decision Maker- National Referral Mechanism - Public Safety Group (PSG)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Bangura3636
Ah; thanks for clarifying! So your current position isn’t a DM is it?

I see the confusion :biggrin: , there's so many abbreviations in the civil service , I was talking about DM - debt management :smile: which is a call centre.

I highly doubt this role DM - Decision maker would be.
Though saying that, they sometimes don't tell you the full story on the Job description - it's how I got conned in a role of debtmanagment :biggrin:
(edited 5 months ago)
I've just completed the DM interview, does anyone know what the actual job entails? I've read some pretty negative stuff and I'm happy to make my own decision but I keep reading about interviewing people and targets. The job ad made it look as though it was just casework so I'm not so sure about it now. Any info appreciated!
Reply 82
Original post by BizzeRascal
I've just completed the DM interview, does anyone know what the actual job entails? I've read some pretty negative stuff and I'm happy to make my own decision but I keep reading about interviewing people and targets. The job ad made it look as though it was just casework so I'm not so sure about it now. Any info appreciated!

Where did you read the negative stuff? I can't imagine it's interviewing people....that sounds more like asylum at the home office, the job they are advertising sounds very adminy, you get a referal from xyz you make a decision.

Could be wrong but I really don't think it's that.
Just from doing a bit of research on the job. There's a few posts on here as well that suggest that as well but they were from a while ago so I'm unsure. Was just hoping someone has started the job and could shed some light!
Original post by Saiyanman
I see the confusion :biggrin: , there's so many abbreviations in the civil service , I was talking about DM - debt management :smile: which is a call centre.

I highly doubt this role DM - Decision maker would be.
Though saying that, they sometimes don't tell you the full story on the Job description - it's how I got conned in a role of debtmanagment :biggrin:

Yes 😂 you guys con fused the hell out of me and had me panicking haha because I don’t want to end up in a call centre type of position! I heard this role isn’t like that to be fair but goodness I’m shocked they didn’t tell you the full job description; that’s so deceptive!

Thank you both for clarifying!
(edited 5 months ago)
Just from doing a bit of research on the job. There's a few posts on here as well that suggest that as well but they were from a while ago so I'm unsure. Was just hoping someone has started the job and could shed some light!

Wait… suggest it’s a call centre type of position? I done a little research and found a few people saying it isn’t like that but goodness I agree! Wish someone would shed some light!
Reply 86

If it’s NRM dm then the jobs ok. Work from home hybrid. Making decisions on whether there are reasonable grounds then conclusive grounds to believe been a victim of trafficking , modern slavery. No contact with victims. Decision nothing to do wi to asylum Altho you’ll have access to their docs. It’s putting info together from lots of sources and making that decisions. Serving it to police etc. not rocket science just takes a while to get used to all different systems. Good mentoring now in place Certainly not a call centre
Reply 87
Original post by Domty32
If it’s NRM dm then the jobs ok. Work from home hybrid. Making decisions on whether there are reasonable grounds then conclusive grounds to believe been a victim of trafficking , modern slavery. No contact with victims. Decision nothing to do wi to asylum Altho you’ll have access to their docs. It’s putting info together from lots of sources and making that decisions. Serving it to police etc. not rocket science just takes a while to get used to all different systems. Good mentoring now in place Certainly not a call centre

Beautiful clarity right there, I'm guessing your self works in the department?

Just need to pass the interview now :😀
Original post by Domty32

That's great! Thanks for clarifying! Must be a slightly different role I had read about!
Reply 89
Beautiful clarity right there, I'm guessing your self works in the department?

Just need to pass the interview now :😀

Ex DM. It’s a good move for anybody I think. Good luck
Who’s still waiting on a start date?
Original post by Downgal87
I did the interview for the decision maker around 2 weeks ago, how long did it take to hear back? I am currently already in the home office an an AO

Hi, have you heard back yet?
Reply 92
Hi, have you heard back yet?

I toi am curious, I have to do my interview by Thursday I'm going to do it weds and I am already bricking it :biggrin:
Good luck! Hope it goes well! I'll update the thread if I ever hear back from them!
Original post by Bangura3636
Who’s still waiting on a start date?

I since 25Sept when my account was updated but I was informed new training is starting in January so Hopeful I will start in January
Original post by K-max
It took about 6 working days from when I was cleared to when I was contacted for a start date. Location is Birmingham, how about you?

Mine is Manchester and it is going to be 6 weeks now no start date yet
Original post by lafleure355
I since 25Sept when my account was updated but I was informed new training is starting in January so Hopeful I will start in January

You heard that? My account was updated around the same time as you. I contacted HO and they’ve sent a reminder out to the onboarding team to get in contact with whoever hasn’t heard back from them yet but if training starts in January, then maybe that’s why they’re taking their free time. Did you apply for a position outside of London?
Reply 97
Update on my interview - just done it, questions easy... still some how ballsed up. forgot to show my face next to my ID i just shoved ID up and it said something like " we are requesting proof from group A " firstly no idea what group A is unless they were talking about group 2a, in which I dont have any form of those id's so i couldn't upload what ever it was they were after so i just clicked submit :d
I hate interviews lol
(edited 5 months ago)
Update on my interview - just done it, questions easy... still some how ballsed up. forgot to show my face next to my ID i just shoved ID up and it said something like " we are requesting proof from group A " firstly no idea what group A is unless they were talking about group 2a, in which I dont have any form of those id's so i couldn't upload what ever it was they were after so i just clicked submit :d
I hate interviews lol

Ah fingers crossed! I felt like I messed mine up too. Wasn't prepared for the wording of the questions really although I knew the capability they were asking for. 😳 ah well, see what happens!
I got a provisional job offer through! I plan to request compressed hours....does anyone know how receptive they are to this!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending