The Student Room Group

Decision Maker- National Referral Mechanism - Public Safety Group (PSG)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, has anyone who recently applied started the job yet? If so, how are you finding it??
Original post by Rach023
Hi there, I will be starting this role in Feb, based in Leeds. The Lady who contacted me re my start date said that although I will receive some sort of communication to say I will be required in the office for the first week of training, to ignore this as it will take place online, so not to bother turning up at the office. I will of course double check this with my line manager when she contacts me but she did stress this point.
Hi Rach, I too will be starting in Leeds in May. How is the parking there?
Original post by Cookieex
Hi Rach, I too will be starting in Leeds in May. How is the parking there?
Hi, So Waterside House does have a car park, however, you have to put your name on the waiting list and I have been told that it can take up to two years to get issued with a pass. There is however a fair bit of (free) street parking available and there are some lay-bys opposite. I think you have to get there pretty early to bag yourself a spot in one of the lay-bys though.
Original post by Rach023
Hi, So Waterside House does have a car park, however, you have to put your name on the waiting list and I have been told that it can take up to two years to get issued with a pass. There is however a fair bit of (free) street parking available and there are some lay-bys opposite. I think you have to get there pretty early to bag yourself a spot in one of the lay-bys though.
Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it! How are you finding the job role? How many decisions are we expected to make?
Original post by Cookieex
Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it! How are you finding the job role? How many decisions are we expected to make?
No problem, I am only two weeks in to the training but so far I'm enjoying it and finding it pretty interesting. I have been told that once you are fully trained, you are expected to be completing around five decisions a week, however, in the early stages and until we have been signed off, we are expected to be working towards completing two a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending