The Student Room Group

My english teacher dosen’t like me

My english teacher has hated me from the beginning of the year, at first it was because I would talk to the people I sat with, then she would move me and say “you’ll never sit with ___ again, say goodbye for the next two years” which i already thought was a but weird. But recently, she would make passive aggressive comments, when we were writing, i didn’t have an idea, so i asked her and she said “write about something you like, in your case it would be chatting nonstop” and she rolled her eyes. I get why she would be annoyed at me, but it’s the way she acts towards me that makes me so mad. On my writing, i got a merit (pass, merit, distinction) and she handed me the result and scrunched her face, then said “it’s only a merit, I’m a bit disappointed“ (which is fine i mean it sort of makes sense?) and i said that I would have been happy with a pass. She then made a face and said “well that’s not good enough is it?” In front of my whole class. She’s not even a good teacher, we watched titanic for 3 lessons and have watched 2 versions of Macbeth for no reason, which took us 6 lessons. Whenever I put my hand up and say something, she always shuts it down and tells me that it’s wrong even if it’s meant to be a personal interpretation. I don’t want to move class because everyone’s i know is in this class and its “top” set, but I actually cannot stand her :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My english teacher has hated me from the beginning of the year, at first it was because I would talk to the people I sat with, then she would move me and say “you’ll never sit with ___ again, say goodbye for the next two years” which i already thought was a but weird. But recently, she would make passive aggressive comments, when we were writing, i didn’t have an idea, so i asked her and she said “write about something you like, in your case it would be chatting nonstop” and she rolled her eyes. I get why she would be annoyed at me, but it’s the way she acts towards me that makes me so mad. On my writing, i got a merit (pass, merit, distinction) and she handed me the result and scrunched her face, then said “it’s only a merit, I’m a bit disappointed“ (which is fine i mean it sort of makes sense?) and i said that I would have been happy with a pass. She then made a face and said “well that’s not good enough is it?” In front of my whole class. She’s not even a good teacher, we watched titanic for 3 lessons and have watched 2 versions of Macbeth for no reason, which took us 6 lessons. Whenever I put my hand up and say something, she always shuts it down and tells me that it’s wrong even if it’s meant to be a personal interpretation. I don’t want to move class because everyone’s i know is in this class and its “top” set, but I actually cannot stand her :frown:

Are you getting a new teacher next year?
You're options are limited but I would suggest that you report her to the head of department (unless that's her then report her to whoever is above her). Most schools are useless especially secondary schools but at least you can start establishing a pattern and you should ask your friends to back you up as schools never believe their students. If you are unwilling to move then you will have to just put up with her until you're done with her (no idea how long that is for you). There aren't many options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending