University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton - Ask A Current Student Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hello :smile:
I graduated from an MChem degree in 2021 at the Uni of Soton. Happy to help with any questions :yy:

Whilst at Uni I stayed at Connaught (part-catered accommodation in Wessex Lane). It was a room with a shared bathroom.
In my final year I stayed in both Richard Newitt and Roll Court in Glen Eyre :yes: Can help with any questions and I have photos somewhere as well

Thoughts on Richard Newitt would be great or photos. How much storage in rooms? What were kitchens like? Any usful info would be fab
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by lw2023!
Thoughts on Richard Newitt would be great or photos. How much storage in rooms? What were kitchens like? Any usful info would be fab

Sure! I can grab photos in a few mins :yy:
The room was really great, so much space. My favourite part was definitely the kitchen, it was huge and there was so much cupboard space!

Room storage was pretty good. There was a shelf and a big desk, then a warderobe with shelves. The basin had a mirror above it too which was handy.
Original post by lw2023!

Forgive me for all the clutter :lol: but found the images of my room, still searching for the kitchen!
here are some of the kitchen! @lw2023!
You can't see but between the big fridge and the counters, there is a table with 4 chairs and also some cleaning things (hoover, mop, brush, bins) etc.

My block was called block W, not all blocks are the same but at least you can see what it was like!
Reply 24
Forgive me for all the clutter :lol: but found the images of my room, still searching for the kitchen!

The room actually looks really cosy I’m counting down the days till Saturday when I move in. In a different block to W but the changes are probably not too significant. I’m glad the room and the kitchen have decent storage as well 😁
Reply 25

Thanks for these, not cluttered at all. My son's will be a lot worse I think! Thanks for your help
Reply 26
Original post by Feeb_05
The room actually looks really cosy I’m counting down the days till Saturday when I move in. In a different block to W but the changes are probably not too significant. I’m glad the room and the kitchen have decent storage as well 😁

My son in H block, how about you?
Reply 27
Original post by lw2023!
My son in H block, how about you?

Omg same haha. Has to be the best block then 😂 I’m first floor, pretty happy with that as ground floor always scares me a little and second floor is an extra flight of stairs which is fine but nice to be up only one haha
Reply 28
Original post by Feeb_05
Omg same haha. Has to be the best block then 😂 I’m first floor, pretty happy with that as ground floor always scares me a little and second floor is an extra flight of stairs which is fine but nice to be up only one haha

He is second floor! He won't care at all which floor he's on but I'm with you on the first floor being better. He's called Corey so make sure you seek him out to say hi too!
Reply 29
Original post by lw2023!
He is second floor! He won't care at all which floor he's on but I'm with you on the first floor being better. He's called Corey so make sure you seek him out to say hi too!

Oh yes, I’ve seen him on our spreadsheet we made to find our possible flatmates. I’ll make sure to say hi! Hope he’s excited for uni, I can’t wait for Saturday, miss everyone but finding out rooms made it real so I want to be there haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending