The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

think i ballsed as further maths, is that gonna ruin my icl application (physics)

i shared in the imperial community earlier but i didn't get an answer so i thought i'd try here too. my school offered to put me in for as further maths but it would have to be entirely self taught. having already missed out on chemistry since we didn't offer it, i accepted, but then was quickly forced into doing multiple things at once, including trips to oxford and london as well as being the school's chief sort of ambassador if you will, and i couldn't fit in the time to properly learn fm.
now i feel like i've got a B or C at best in the final exam in may. not great. i really want to apply for imperial physics, i love the feel of the uni so much and i am there for their summer school in a few weeks. is a meh further as grade going to ruin my chances of imperial physics? my predicteds otherwise are A*A*A and i qualify for their contextual offers several times over, but i don't know if any of that will matter. thanks guys!
It’s hard to know. For all you know, you could end up with an A in your AS FM and in which case, there would be no reason to worry. Until you’ve actually got your grade back, there is no point in asking whether your chances are ruined yet.

One thing is for certain - if you don’t apply, then you absolutely won’t get in. Bear in mind they also consider the entrance exam and performance in your GCSEs (taking into account contextual data, e.g if you did well at GCSE despite going to a school with lower rates of progression to higher education, that’ll look really good).

I think you should give this a read: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/physics/students/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/applications-interviews-and-offers/
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending