The Student Room Group

HMRC Compliance Caseworker - Vacancy 298821

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yes I just feel that I won’t know what to say I tried the trial big and I sound really boring!!
Original post by Tarango
No I haven't. Like you I feel like I need more time to prep! Did you get the reminder email yesterday? That made me worse!

I did get that email, that’s what made me decide to do it sooner! It feels like it was saying “if you don’t do it soon, you won’t get the job!”
Original post by lovemanh
Yes I just feel that I won’t know what to say I tried the trial big and I sound really boring!!

Wait, there’s a trial bit?!? I literally only clicked on the link to see if it worked but didn’t click on anything else on the website, as I didn’t want to accidentally start something I wasn’t prepared for yet!
I completed mine this morning. They asked for photo i.d first so you need to have that to hand before the interview questions begin. After the interview they also ask to upload photo i.d and another type of i.d, it wasn’t clear what was required there so uploaded the latest council tax bill after the passport. Aside from the strength questions they only assess on 2 competencies, making effective decisions and communicating and influencing. Previous vacancies for same role also asked about managing a quality service.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Strava Cyclist
I completed mine this morning. They asked for photo i.d first so you need to have that to hand before the interview questions begin. After the interview they also ask to upload photo i.d and another type of i.d, it wasn’t clear what was required there so uploaded the latest council tax bill after the passport. Aside from the strength questions they only assess on 2 competencies, making effective decisions and communicating and influencing. Previous vacancies for same role also asked about managing a quality service.

Thanks for the info, strange about the second ID though, reading the email I thought only one was needed.

how did you find it? How long do you think it took in total and if possible how many strength based questions were there? I’m assuming just two, one for each behaviour?
Original post by Crackernutter
Thanks for the info, strange about the second ID though, reading the email I thought only one was needed.

how did you find it? How long do you think it took in total and if possible how many strength based questions were there? I’m assuming just two, one for each behaviour?

I would say around 20-25m including the id parts. 2 Competency and 3 strength questions. I found it ok
I would say around 20-25m including the id parts. 2 Competency and 3 strength questions. I found it ok

Thank you, I’m going to grit my teeth and do the interview now
Original post by Crackernutter
Thank you, I’m going to grit my teeth and do the interview now

Best of luck!
Best of luck!

Thank you, just finished! Regardless of whether I pass or not I took it on the chin and did the interview, even if it was cringe!

at the end of the interview though, I don’t it on my iPhone, so got the app. It didn’t let me upload my photo ID, it must have crashed on me. I received another email to say I need to upload some additional information but when I click on it the link takes me to the same message saying “I have completed my assessment” I’m getting nervous but I have messaged the outmatch to tell them about this issue, hopefully I don’t get withdrawn because of it
Reply 49

Thank you really helpful might just get on with it this afternoon 🤞
Reply 50
What score did everyone get for the in-tray assessment? I got 11, and I also calculated the revised tax figure wrong haha, I’m trying to figure out what the benchmark for interview was

Still got my interview to complete by thursday…
Reply 51
I only got 9 but 99% on the caseworker assessment but not sure why think the calculation was right not sure how many it’s out of.
Original post by d-m1
What score did everyone get for the in-tray assessment? I got 11, and I also calculated the revised tax figure wrong haha, I’m trying to figure out what the benchmark for interview was

Still got my interview to complete by thursday…
Reply 52
Does anyone know if the scores you get on each section are only taken into account to get you to the next stage or if they are totalled up to give a whole score?
Reply 53
I just added them up. Just completed my interview so its all done now.
Reply 54
Original post by lovemanh
I just added them up. Just completed my interview so its all done now

Well done! How did you find it?
I am doing mine tomorrow
Reply 55
It was ok I just don’t like interviews but this is better than face to face just read up on the two behaviours
Reply 56
Daft question, but is the deadline midnight today or midnight tomorrow? It says 31 August, though doesn’t specify a time - was hoping to do mine tomorrow :/
Reply 57
Original post by aliyaa-15
Daft question, but is the deadline midnight today or midnight tomorrow? It says 31 August, though doesn’t specify a time - was hoping to do mine tomorrow :/

Have you had the chaser? The one i had this morning said the deadline is on Thursday (GMT+01:00) - not sure if that means 1am tomorrow?
I might be worth dropping the recruitment team a quick email just to double check.
I have just done mine
Reply 58
Just did my interview! It wasn’t bad in terms of the questions, but I always struggle and get flustered by the time limitations with these pre-recorded interviews..I wonder when we will hear back!
Reply 59
Original post by d-m1
Just did my interview! It wasn’t bad in terms of the questions, but I always struggle and get flustered by the time limitations with these pre-recorded interviews..I wonder when we will hear back!

The blurb said it would be a couple of weeks after the interview window closes, hopefully sooner
Good luck with your results, hope it is a positive outcome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending