The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Annual or monthly bus passes

Hi, does anyone know if there are any annual or monthly bus passes I can buy for Newcastle? I'm not sure how the buses work so hope someone who lives there would know better.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, does anyone know if there are any annual or monthly bus passes I can buy for Newcastle? I'm not sure how the buses work so hope someone who lives there would know better.

There are 3 main companies up here and there isn't much cohesion between them! There are a few multi-operator tickets but the longest you can get them for is a month - the Student "Network One" (purchased on GoNorthEast app) would likely be the one you'd go for if you're a regular bus and metro user. Stagecoach I believe do an annual pass but it would only work on their services and not GoNorthEast or Arriva.

Single tickets atm are £1 if you're 21 or under and £2 if you're 22 or over so unless you get the bus regularly that's probably the best bet. Ultimately unless you're going/living a decent way outside of the centre I can't see you using the buses much at all.
(edited 7 months ago)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UniqueUnicorn
There are 3 main companies up here and there isn't much cohesion between them! There are a few multi-operator tickets but the longest you can get them for is a month - the Student "Network One" (purchased on GoNorthEast app) would likely be the one you'd go for if you're a regular bus and metro user. Stagecoach I believe do an annual pass but it would only work on their services and not GoNorthEast or Arriva.

Single tickets atm are £1 if you're 21 or under and £2 if you're 22 or over so unless you get the bus regularly that's probably the best bet. Ultimately unless you're going/living a decent way outside of the centre I can't see you using the buses much at all.

Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending