The Student Room Group

Compsci personal statements

Is anyone offering help for personal statements?? I’m looking to apply to Leeds, liverpool, Nottingham, then either Cardiff, Newcastle or QMUL for compsci and possibly Warwick for cyber security. Any tips, advice, and suggestions?
Reply 1
Hi there, CS student here! It's worth doing online courses to mention in your ps (personal statement) I'd recommend checking out 'Short Courses on FutureLearn - make sure to select the 'free digital upgrade' option so that you can get a certificate of completion when you've finished the course. I've done a few on there myself and am actually working on an AI course they have on there by Accenture. (they also have samsung courses too).

Another thing you could do is virtual work experience via Forage (Only takes a few hours and you get a free certificate for that too!) Unidays also offers free microsoft courses so that's also useful.

You could also talk about your coding experience, any languages you know, projects you've done and also what interests you about it etc

Hope this helps,
Good Luck! :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending