The Student Room Group

Sex life has gone stale with my bf, help!

I’ve been with my bf just under a year, for the first 6 months we would have a lot of sex and it was always really enjoyable and I felt so connected to him afterwards. But in the last few months I’ve found that our sex feels quite mechanical and like there’s not much passion there, I get turned off by things he says during and don’t feel sensations as much. I tried to not have sex for a while in hopes it would maybe make the times we do it more special but it’s more like a physical act we just do because we’re in a relationship. I understand overtime u don’t have sex as much but I would’ve thought it would still feel equally as good as the beginning. What can I do to improve this? Is it a sign im with the wrong guy? Maybe I’m overthinking.
Have you considered telling him about all this? Communication really is key, so if you have these feelings about your sex life, he's one of, if not the only, one who can help you with it. Try asking him about incorporating toys, or extending foreplay or something, maybe?
Also, maybe you've gone out of the so-called "honeymoon phase" so it doesn't feel as special for that reason, but I don't know about the personal details about the relationship outside of your sex life, so I can't comment on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending