The Student Room Group

Personal statement

I’m finishing writing up my personal statement, and thought about mentioning a widening access programme i applied for at a law firm, however I didn’t get selected, would you say its good for me to mention that or is there no point?
I don't have experience with law PS's in particular, but in general it is always better to highlight things you've done and how you learnt from them rather than things you didn't, unless there's some great takeaway there or you're able to soundly link it to the main points in your PS.
Original post by Hxssain123
I’m finishing writing up my personal statement, and thought about mentioning a widening access programme i applied for at a law firm, however I didn’t get selected, would you say its good for me to mention that or is there no point?

Don’t bother mentioning it.

Instead focus on explaining how the other supercurriculars etc you have written about already have benefited you.
Original post by Hxssain123

I'd mention it to highlight your passion and eagerness to study law. Try not to focus on the rejection but highlight that you're ambitious to pursue similar opportunities such as joining the law society at your uni or applying again for next summer etc... Universities love hearing that you're excited to join them and become a valuable student at their university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending