The Student Room Group

Can I meet her after 4 years? Or a long time?

I had a relationship with ex for about 2.5 years. But there was a huge maturity imbalance. She was very mature and secure and me I was damn insecure. She gave me many signs to change myself. But I remained the same loser and in the end she fell out of love. I tried a lot to keep her but she didn't agree but she had already made up her mind. In the end she was really annoyed, we both disrespected each other and then I went no contact finally telling her properly that I accept the breakup. That day even she was calm.

It has been 4 years now. I have changed a lot. I look completely different. I have matured up a lot. And I don't care what the outcome might be. I wanna meet her once. Should I go for it?

And one more thing I have been in complete no contact with her for all these long.
I think you should take your newfound self respect and focus it elsewhere rather than hoping you can rekindle things with someone from 4 years ago.
Original post by Admit-One
I think you should take your newfound self respect and focus it elsewhere rather than hoping you can rekindle things with someone from 4 years ago.

So, isn't it even okay if I approach her as a friend. Because we both have been childhood friends before coming into the relationship and breaking up!
Plus I never left any platform for her to communicate with me.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Bibhashnandi29
So, isn't it even okay if I approach her as a friend. Because we both have been childhood friends before coming into the relationship and breaking up!
Plus I never left any platform for her to communicate with me.

You can decide for yourself whether it is worth the time or what your intentions are. From my POV it has been along time and you have both changed. I don't really see the need as you are not involved in each others lives any more.
Original post by Admit-One
You can decide for yourself whether it is worth the time or what your intentions are. From my POV it has been along time and you have both changed. I don't really see the need as you are not involved in each others lives any more.

You're perhaps right man!!!! I need to do some thinking. Thanks for atleast giving me some perspective.
Is there any chance you would bump into each other at all? Do you live close by or anything like that?
Original post by Anonymous
Is there any chance you would bump into each other at all? Do you live close by or anything like that?

No I live out of that state now. But sometimes I go there to visit my friends. So I thought why shouldn't I meet her once?
No I live out of that state now. But sometimes I go there to visit my friends. So I thought why shouldn't I meet her once?

Have you seen each other at all in the last 4 years? Even in passing?
Original post by Anonymous
Have you seen each other at all in the last 4 years? Even in passing?

No not at all!!!! I have this guy feeling that I should meet her once.
(edited 8 months ago)
No not at all!!!! I have this guy feeling that I should meet her once.

Maybe give her a follow on some social media you said you've not got her on anything now am I right? Then see if she accepts and take it from there. Put a feeler out and say you're back in town and would love to meet up for a coffee and catch up. If she says no then leave it at that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending