The Student Room Group

Remark

So due to a near miss, one of my papers got sent for a remark. I’ve spoken to my firm choice and made them aware that I am sending one of my papers for a remark as if I move up a grade I’ll make my offer. What I was wondering is that is the remark sent directly to the uni, or do I get it and have to notify them of the change in grade
Reply 1
It will be sent by the Exam Board to UCAS, who will relay this to the Uni online - but its sensible to also email the Uni to tell them just to make sure they have it.
Hello!
The exam board will usually send these straight over to your university and UCAS, and then you will receive tour grades. I'd always recommend getting in contact with your university when they remark is complete and you get your new grade, however. This will ensure that they have the most amount of time to update your records, and provide you with your offer.
Hope this helps!
Kind regards,
Courtney H
Reply 3
Wouldn't it be nice if every paper that got within a mark or two of the next grade up was double checked by another examiner...
Original post by Artjen
Wouldn't it be nice if every paper that got within a mark or two of the next grade up was double checked by another examiner...

Assuming that it'd actually help students get into their university choice.
Reply 5
Original post by Artjen

The Exam Boards have enough problems recruiting examiners as it is - and the added work would just push Results Day back even further.
Reply 6
Thanks for responding!!!
I’m in quite a peculiar situation as I want to defer my entry but the uni will not let me as I did not initially state that. The only way I can is if my remark is successful and sent to them after the 31st august.
How likely is it that the remark will take 2 weeks or longer as I really do not want to go uni this year but at the same time do not want to reapply the following year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending