The Student Room Group

Should I remark?

Like most of the country, today I received my A level results and got 1A* and 3As.

I was able to meet the conditions of my firm choice of university and was even able to bag an academic scholarship.

I'm proud of the grades I got however was predicted 4A*s and with further digging found that in 2 of my subjects, I got 89%.

I wanted to know if it would be worth remarking some scripts in those subjects in order to try jump into the A* band, or should I leave it as I may have a higher risk of my marks dipping?

BTW I took WJEC in Wales as an international.
Reply 1
Original post by 0n4
Like most of the country, today I received my A level results and got 1A* and 3As.

I was able to meet the conditions of my firm choice of university and was even able to bag an academic scholarship.

I'm proud of the grades I got however was predicted 4A*s and with further digging found that in 2 of my subjects, I got 89%.

I wanted to know if it would be worth remarking some scripts in those subjects in order to try jump into the A* band, or should I leave it as I may have a higher risk of my marks dipping?

BTW I took WJEC in Wales as an international.

do you know your mark? how far are you from an A* in these subjects? also even if ur marks dipped it would unlikely that ur actual grade would fall to a B, unless of course you’ve just about scraped an A. if ur 5 or less marks away from an A* then i say go for it
Reply 2
Original post by jungkooker
do you know your mark? how far are you from an A* in these subjects? also even if ur marks dipped it would unlikely that ur actual grade would fall to a B, unless of course you’ve just about scraped an A. if ur 5 or less marks away from an A* then i say go for it

I am 1 mark away from an A* in Biology and 4 marks away from an A* in psychology, hence why I'm so bothered by it😅.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'll try be positive and remark then!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest