The Student Room Group

Barclays Job Interview

Hello,

I do have Barclays job interview for customer service advisor next week. What kind questions shall I expect? I was told I will be assessed on the following 3 competencies:
Interpersonal Skills
Control Environment
Technical Skills

Any help would be appreciated
Reply 1
That's a toughy, as a lot of places may see those as different things, especially for customer service. what I would do is check what Barclays sees those competencies as, and what they typically look for from these. That can give a good idea of what the questions will be based around.

for Barclays, I think they look for interpersonal skills like building relationships and working with other people, as well as reflecting on your strengths. I found that the control environment means finding and managing risks, so how you'd act and approach situations. Technical for customer service sounds like it'd be based around helping people.

So really your questions will likely be based around times when you've shown these things from your previous experiences. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by jwt2002
That's a toughy, as a lot of places may see those as different things, especially for customer service. what I would do is check what Barclays sees those competencies as, and what they typically look for from these. That can give a good idea of what the questions will be based around.

for Barclays, I think they look for interpersonal skills like building relationships and working with other people, as well as reflecting on your strengths. I found that the control environment means finding and managing risks, so how you'd act and approach situations. Technical for customer service sounds like it'd be based around helping people.

So really your questions will likely be based around times when you've shown these things from your previous experiences. Hope this helps!

Idk if this helps, they sent me this, I just kinda need what to expect, so I can prep for the questions. I have attached a link with a screenshot, maybe that you can help me what sort questions to expect https://ibb.co/nrHKp6f
Original post by ImranAli96
Idk if this helps, they sent me this, I just kinda need what to expect, so I can prep for the questions. I have attached a link with a screenshot, maybe that you can help me what sort questions to expect https://ibb.co/nrHKp6f

Hi! Have had a look at what you sent and it seems you will have a mix of competency and strength based interview questions. I would definitely recommend looking up if you need to know more about how to answer interview questions.

From my perspective I think they will ask you about their competencies and values and how you match to those. What knowledge you have of completing certain tasks e.g. risk management skills, have you used a platform similar to what they use? Expect these types of questions too.

Would recommend you look at each section of this link you sent, gives some good information on what they will expect.
Best of luck and hope all goes well! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by brandonbshah
Hi! Have had a look at what you sent and it seems you will have a mix of competency and strength based interview questions. I would definitely recommend looking up if you need to know more about how to answer interview questions.

From my perspective I think they will ask you about their competencies and values and how you match to those. What knowledge you have of completing certain tasks e.g. risk management skills, have you used a platform similar to what they use? Expect these types of questions too.

Would recommend you look at each section of this link you sent, gives some good information on what they will expect.
Best of luck and hope all goes well! :smile:

Hi! It’s face to face interview for in branch role, so not sure what too expect, I don’t think it’ll be too crazy, do you know where I can get some example questions so I can do practise interview with those 3 competencies I will get assessed on.

Thanks
Reply 5
Yeah it probably won't be too crazy if it's f2f. Have you had the interview yet? If not, I found these example questions you can use to practice:
- Tell me about a time when you had to demonstrate leadership skills.
- How would you resolve a dispute between yourself and a customer?
- Describe a time when you encountered a risk, and what actions you took to approach this risk.
- How do you ensure you work efficiently in a team?
- Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.
- What does APR mean?
- How do you keep up-to-date with the banking and financial industry?

Let us know how it went/goes!
Original post by ImranAli96
Hello,
I do have Barclays job interview for customer service advisor next week. What kind questions shall I expect? I was told I will be assessed on the following 3 competencies:
Interpersonal Skills
Control Environment
Technical Skills
Any help would be appreciated

got the exact same interview in 10 day, how was it, do you remember any of the questions, any tips?
Barclays are based on values of RISE Respect Integrity Service Excellence Stewardship, You need to Demonstrate Barclays values in your Answer and responses.
Composition of Answer structure with STAR Method as well as the Mind set to successes through Empower Challenge Drive
Controlled Environment is identification of Risk raising these with Senior Escalation Proactive approach using Protocol Risk Drivers to reduce expose and damage to Individual Eiter GDPR Violation or Harm to Vulnerable Individuals.
Customer Obsession is we are Customer at Barclays offering Service From 329 Year current CEO C.S Venkatakrishnan previous working at JP Morgan and Focused at Barclay where evert action is providing Service to Customers stake hod and Business relation
which use are using Service and Respect our interaction with Customer focus to ensure meet KPI etc KYC Know Your Customer Empathy Thinking in Customer Shoes
Use your Previous Work Experience How you may support Your Customer Outcome feedback and Reflection

Technical Skills
These depend IE Banking application offering Service Online Banking Syy Barclay app
Access Service IT Service Coding Skills
Proficiency in Office Packages
These are for BA2- BA4 Roles AVP VP etc
Good Luck as Barclays is inclusive DEO and promote Diversified Work Force and very Challenging environment and Competencies are difficult

Good Luck with its Interview

These are Competencies Questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending