The Student Room Group

Confused about choosing my career

Hi guys I gave igcse Math's and CS in the may june session and the results I got were horrible.I failed maths and got E in CS. Now I wanted to pursue a career in CS and other tech stuff. But I don't know what to do now? Should I go for medicine instead? I got all Cs in other sciences. Should I just work hard next time, maybe I just didn't study enough? Also I've been kind of scared of numbers from the start maths isn't easy for me. What do you guys suggest I do?
Original post by Humanlive
Hi guys I gave igcse Math's and CS in the may june session and the results I got were horrible.I failed maths and got E in CS. Now I wanted to pursue a career in CS and other tech stuff. But I don't know what to do now? Should I go for medicine instead? I got all Cs in other sciences. Should I just work hard next time, maybe I just didn't study enough? Also I've been kind of scared of numbers from the start maths isn't easy for me. What do you guys suggest I do?

Medicine is heavily competitive (much more than CS) and you would struggle very much finding a course to accept you with a fail in maths. In fact, I'm fairly certain you won't find one in the UK.
This doesn't mean you have no options, though. You can retake maths (which you really need to do for any level 3 onwards courses) and you can find a course in CS that would let you on at your local college. Talk to your advisors at your school and they can help you.

Quick Reply

Latest