The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University freshers 2023 chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
hi, I'm trying to apply or sign up for the Lancaster Award, but I'm a bit stuck. The student portal directed me to the CareersConnect website to book the Introductory session, which I did, but now I'm kind of lost. I can't seem to find any further information or steps on the website related to the Lancaster Award. Can anyone offer some help pls?

Hi,
Congrats on you place at Lancaster!
I've just finished my 2nd year so just submitted my Lancaster award. Its basically an extra certification you are able to work towards along side you degree and you're awarded with it when you graduate to demonstrate a number of skills outside you degree. Lots of different thinks can count towards the Lancaster award like volunteering, work experience, careers workshops or webinars as well as careers visits(I got to go to London to visit different employers like the Civil service and the Environment agency as there are what i'm interested in). The information talk for the Lancaster award in Welcome week is really useful as it tells you other experiences that count towards the awards, as well as explaining the difference between the bronze, silver and gold awards as well as how to complete the forms that go along with it.
If you've got anymore questions about the award feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by xvivi606
hi, is anyone else unable to enrol for modules? my portal is coming up with a 'missing pathway' issue every time i try (has been for the past week) i'm studying fine art in case that's relevant- have been told to contact my department about the issue but i'm not entirely sure how to do that,,,

Hi I had a similar issue! Firstly, try a different browser if possible, as many steps in the registration refused to work for me due to my browser's privacy settings. I also found I was able to register after all "pending" sections had been approved, and this took a few days. My course is compulsory yr1 however I was able to view the modules page. It sounds like you are already in the process of contacting them which will hopefully help otherwise. Hope you can get it sorted :smile:
Original post by Andrewhamill
Hi I had a similar issue! Firstly, try a different browser if possible, as many steps in the registration refused to work for me due to my browser's privacy settings. I also found I was able to register after all "pending" sections had been approved, and this took a few days. My course is compulsory yr1 however I was able to view the modules page. It sounds like you are already in the process of contacting them which will hopefully help otherwise. Hope you can get it sorted :smile:

Several people having issues. Depts haven’t finished uploading module info so it comes up with error (missing pathway) - think they are starting to fix it as we are all telling them about it.. still waiting for mine to list… compulsory in first year too but need to wait till they are listed
Hi there

Yes, if you are facing issues when enrolling for modules, its best to contact your department. Departments may still be on the verge of finalising the module courses hence it creates an error or it may simply be a tech issue that can be fixed by restarting your device or reviewing the settings on your device.

Here is the link to our departments if you need to contact them regarding this https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/faculties-and-departments/.

Hope this helps and good luck with selecting your modules!

Smriti (Student Ambassador) :smile:
Reply 24
When are payments for accommodation due? The website shows last year's dates.
One step forward then two steps back… just when u think one issue is resolved another appears.. so still can’t complete registration…mmmm
Original post by rizvani04
When are payments for accommodation due? The website shows last year's dates.

Hi,

I've checked and you should be receiving an induction email soon that will provide you with all the relevant information, including payment dates. You will then also receive invoice information closer to your arrival.
I'd imagine that the payment dates would be similar to last year's.

Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
One step forward then two steps back… just when u think one issue is resolved another appears.. so still can’t complete registration…mmmm

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Have you tried getting in contact with [email protected]?

Let us know if there's anything we can help with,
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Have you tried getting in contact with [email protected]?

Let us know if there's anything we can help with,

Yes been in touch with them and they say I’m registered but I still haven’t received an email telling me this like everyone else is getting and I’m worried I won’t get info
Hi can anyone tell me if bowland halls have superior ensuite
Hi can anyone tell me if bowland halls have superior ensuite

Hello Anon,

They don’t call them superior en-suites anymore it’s just shared and ensuite with different house names.

However, from what I recall (came to uni 2020 when they still named them superior ensuite),
Bowland Halls do have ensuite rooms but I’m pretty sure the superior ensuites are in the tower block.

Hope this helps,
Dom
Reply 31
Hi, does anyone know what Bowland Hall ensuites look like? I can't find pictures after the refurbishment and I want to know what the bathroom is like etc.
Hi ive had my timetable but it shows a different schedule for each week, is this normal? Im not sure how to plan and get a job around it when it changes weekly
how do you find the payment portal online i cant find it anywhere but from a link
Reply 34
how do you find the payment portal online i cant find it anywhere but from a link

https://www.e-res.lancaster.ac.uk/PaymentPortal/
or Student Portal > Tools > Money > Payment Portal
Hi, would anyone be able to tell me how much a return bus ticket costs? (Like for the 100/1A from campus to town)
I've looked on the Stagecoach website and can only seem to find the dayrider price?
Reply 36
Hi, would anyone be able to tell me how much a return bus ticket costs? (Like for the 100/1A from campus to town)
I've looked on the Stagecoach website and can only seem to find the dayrider price?

£3.40
Original post by Anonymous #4
hi, I'm trying to apply or sign up for the Lancaster Award, but I'm a bit stuck. The student portal directed me to the CareersConnect website to book the Introductory session, which I did, but now I'm kind of lost. I can't seem to find any further information or steps on the website related to the Lancaster Award. Can anyone offer some help pls?

Hi there,
I think booking in the session with the Careers team is a good first step, as they are the ones who are best equipped to answer any questions you have a give you more information and insight into the process.
You could also talk to your academic advisor as they also often know about the award.
I can include a link as well to the Lancaster Award Ask page to give you more of a brief overview of what it's about.
https://portal.lancaster.ac.uk/ask/lancaster-award/

Best,
Lancaster University Ambassador
Glory.
Original post by Anonymous #6
Hi ive had my timetable but it shows a different schedule for each week, is this normal? Im not sure how to plan and get a job around it when it changes weekly

Hi Anon,
I've found its usual for your timetable to change each week because some weeks you might have extra or less seminars or labs ect. In terms of finding a job, maybe look for weekend or evening work as there wont be any timetabled lessons then. Also, it might be work looking at the careers services website for part time jobs, Vacancy Search Results - Lancaster University’s Employment and Recruitment Service (lancaster-university.co.uk), as a lot of these jobs are flexible as you can work different hours each week dependent to fit around your timetable. Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by Anonymous #6
If its modules in your second or third year i just dont think you can pick them yet. But i found this email for fine art that you could contact, otherwise just contact the undergraduate general email and they could help you.

[email protected]

Hello!
You generally pick your modules for second year in Lent Term of first year and the same in second year picking your modules for third year, but this may be dependent on your course, but it should be available on the Moodle page of your course.

Thanks, Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending