The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

can you transfer to university of reading after a foundation year at another universi

can you transfer to university of reading after a foundation year at another university like portsmouth?
Original post by cherryhitchkins
can you transfer to university of reading after a foundation year at another university like portsmouth?

You would have to ask Reading to have a definite answer. However most universities dont accept another university's foundation students. If you take a foundation year somewhere expect to do your degree there
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by swanseajack1
You would have to ask Reading to have a definite answer. However most universities dont accept another university's foundation students. If you take a foundation year somewhere expect to do your degree there

Oh :/

Hello @cherryhitchkins [br] [br] I hope you’re well. I would advise you to contact Reading University first so they could advise you. It’s unlikely they would accept as universities normally have specific content covered in foundation years to support you into getting onto one of the degree courses. It’s probably best to stay at the same university throughout; I did a foundation year and then went on study my midwifery degree at Coventry university.

It was such an easy process to get on to the degree as I was already an internal student & I could sort things out on campus & I already knew how the university worked!

Kind regards
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Hey @cherryhitchkins

As mentioned below, I would advise getting in contact with our admissions team, as they will be best equipped to help you with your options. This is likely to be course-dependent, so I can't give you a definite answer either way myself, unfortunately. You can get in touch with them via email [email protected] or call +44 (0) 118 378 8372.

I would also consider what Jade has said below too, and talk to other people about their experiences of transferring/opinions, as we want you to do what's best for you!

Hope this helps, sorry I can't give you more of a specific answer! Let us know if you have any other questions & we're wishing you the best of luck whatever happens.

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending