The Student Room Group

Leaving big 4 before qualifying

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice as I’m looking to leave a big 4 firm without passing the CA qualification.

I’ve realised audit is not what I enjoy, nor the incredible amount of stress balancing studying and working long hours every day, essentially having no life.

As I entered the Big 4 straight after graduating university I am unsure what job I could move into.

Does anyone have any ideas of what roles people like myself may move into without having the qualification?

I have 3 years audit experience however it’s not something I enjoy and not something I could see myself pursuing a career in. Does anyone have any recommendations of roles I might be able to apply for that aren’t audit?

I’m also conscious that I wouldn’t like to take a pay drop at this current moment in time so also looking for a job/role paying upward of 32k (there or their abouts). Money isn’t everything but given I’m 3 years into my career it’s not something I’d like to take a drop in.

Any help would really be appreciated!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Not enough context, as we don't know your degree, preferred location or areas of interest. Think about if you want to work with other people or be more self-sufficient, be office-based or travel etc
Reply 2
how many exams remaining?
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Not enough context, as we don't know your degree, preferred location or areas of interest. Think about if you want to work with other people or be more self-sufficient, be office-based or travel etc

Fair point. BA Hons in accountancy & business. I’ve always enjoyed both maths and business and probably (widely) looking to work in some sort of business role. I enjoy working with people but also wouldn’t mind a remote/hybrid role. I don’t particularly get much job satisfaction nor find audit very rewarding, so probably looking for something that I feel I get a bit more out of. Not looking to be travelling either due to wider family circumstances, so I’d like to remain close by home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending