The Student Room Group

what do you wish you did in year 10?

i'm starting year 10 in September and i have no idea what to do studywise this year
Original post by snowroe
i'm starting year 10 in September and i have no idea what to do studywise this year

Hi @snowroe

Things do tend to ramp up towards GCSEs in year 10, so I can see that that might seem daunting. Remember that you've got 2 more years until the exams though, so don't overdo it- you don't want to burn out, and your well-being is really important!

You will probably find that your teachers start to give you more homework, and usually, if you are keeping on top of this by doing a bit of work after school each day, that's more than enough. However, if you do feel that you're falling behind in certain subjects, talk to your teachers about how you can catch up. They'll be able to support you properly if you let them know in year 10 rather than right before GCSEs!

Hope this helps

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @snowroe

Things do tend to ramp up towards GCSEs in year 10, so I can see that that might seem daunting. Remember that you've got 2 more years until the exams though, so don't overdo it- you don't want to burn out, and your well-being is really important!

You will probably find that your teachers start to give you more homework, and usually, if you are keeping on top of this by doing a bit of work after school each day, that's more than enough. However, if you do feel that you're falling behind in certain subjects, talk to your teachers about how you can catch up. They'll be able to support you properly if you let them know in year 10 rather than right before GCSEs!

Hope this helps

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

ok thank u!
Original post by snowroe

Learn how to study and maybe make flashcards closer to Year 11.

Quick Reply

Latest