The Student Room Group

Is this a viable strategy for Clearing?

I am in Clearing with low grades - DDE

I don't know what course to apply for. Is it advisable to take the first day off to research my options before jumping on the phonelines?

(I know i'll end up with a foundation year course)
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy

I don't know what course to apply for. Is it advisable to take the first day off to research my options before jumping on the phonelines?

Hi @McDonaldsEmploy,

Choosing a course can be challenging. Consider your interests, strengths, and career goals. Research different fields, review university course offerings, and seek advice from mentors or career counselors to find a program that aligns with your aspirations. It's also helpful to consider the subjects you enjoyed in high school and any potential job roles you're interested in pursuing.

Knowing this, it is best to make a decision sooner rather than later to ensure you can secure a place during the clearing process whilst the lines are open. Perhaps consider the University of Chester?

Find out more details here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/clearing

Wishing you all the best,
Ellie

What course were you interested in before you got your results?
Have a think about your interests and career goals and go from there. While it's wise to wait and think about your options, places are filling up so it's worth calling around to see what courses are still available too.
You may not have to do a foundation year at some uni's, again it depends on the course and what its entry criteria is.
Good luck!

Hello,

Yes definitely worth researching your options before approaching a university for a course. However, please make sure you don't wait for too long, to give yourself the best possible chance of securing a course of your choice.

Please see below a link for courses available through Clearing at Coventry Uni.
https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/c/clearing/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=cov-mea-uguk-202223&utm_content=t420029&gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-bmp0e_jgAMV1t7tCh1kgwzFEAAYASAAEgJqJvD_BwE

All the best!

Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

I think it's the courses with high grade requirements that go quickly, so you can definitely take a day to research courses. Many courses stay up for some time.

Hey!

If you're unsure what courses are available to you with the grades you have received, you can speak to one of our friendly Clearing advisors who will help guide you through your next steps.

👉 Call us on 01332 592023 📞

👉 Message us via social media 💬

👉 Fill out our online enquiry form 💻

Good luck! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending