The Student Room Group

How much do diagnostic radiography placements pay?s

I'm looking to do a radiography course next year once I complete my foundation year and I just wanna know what the pay is like, assuming the placements are paid. I know they may vary from place to place as well as hours, but yeah I'm just tryna get ahead so I can plan for accommodation and how income I'll have etc. Thanks in advance
Original post by Dont even know
I'm looking to do a radiography course next year once I complete my foundation year and I just wanna know what the pay is like, assuming the placements are paid. I know they may vary from place to place as well as hours, but yeah I'm just tryna get ahead so I can plan for accommodation and how income I'll have etc. Thanks in advance

Placements are not paid while you are studying. You might be able to pick up some paid shifts in years 2/3 as you become more competent. If you are applying to unis in England, you will be to apply to the NHS Learning Support Fund for a training grant of £5,000 per year plus an extra £1,000 per year for some subjects (DR included):

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7324327
Reply 2
The above is correct, but also to add that another route being rolled out at the moment is via apprenticeships. During these you are employed by a radiology department and paid to attend uni, with travel expenses covered. When uni is on break you'll be working in the department. They are still in the early stages but where I work we're looking to roll the scheme out more as we take on fewer students from the standard entry route.

Quick Reply

Latest