The Student Room Group

I think i failed my interview.

Hey guys, So i just did my first interview for midwifery at Greenwich University. All seemed to be going well and it lasted for just over 10 minutes (minus the admin part.) However, after I felt extremely stupid after the as i felt like there was so much more I could say, and i feel like my answers seemed so vague. How hard is it to get accepted onto the course after a bad interview? Any help and advice would be appreciated. I dont know if im stressing too much as I didnt really know what to expect since it was my first university interview but yeah :frown:.
Reply 1
Okay so first of all: congratulations on making it through your interview.

What I think instantly: send an email and put an emphasis on thanking the interviewer personally + explain all the reasons why you want to specifically join this university + ask to keep in touch + if there are some things you could not talk about mention it!!! ==> be subtil though (you will find lots of follow-up email examples on google, adapt it to your situation).

And honestly, it is okay if this did not work out. If this is a fail, ask later on a feedback. Work on other options or reapply next intake but keep in touch and network.
Original post by lilalzz
Hey guys, So i just did my first interview for midwifery at Greenwich University. All seemed to be going well and it lasted for just over 10 minutes (minus the admin part.) However, after I felt extremely stupid after the as i felt like there was so much more I could say, and i feel like my answers seemed so vague. How hard is it to get accepted onto the course after a bad interview? Any help and advice would be appreciated. I dont know if im stressing too much as I didnt really know what to expect since it was my first university interview but yeah :frown:.

Make yourself a note of the questions asked, your response and what you think you missed. This will help prep for any other interviews you have lined up.
Ask for feedback. This will also help.
If you do get in, brilliant. If you don't... try again. It took me 3 attempts to get onto my adult nursing degree, and I wasn't the only one who didn't get in 1st time.
Original post by sxtnb
Okay so first of all: congratulations on making it through your interview.

What I think instantly: send an email and put an emphasis on thanking the interviewer personally + explain all the reasons why you want to specifically join this university + ask to keep in touch + if there are some things you could not talk about mention it!!! ==> be subtil though (you will find lots of follow-up email examples on google, adapt it to your situation).

And honestly, it is okay if this did not work out. If this is a fail, ask later on a feedback. Work on other options or reapply next intake but keep in touch and network.

It’s a university interview, not a job interview. Doing any of what you have listed above will not help OP apart from asking for feedback.
Reply 4
Original post by lilalzz

Hi, was you successful in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending