The Student Room Group

How does the talking stage work. Help please!!!As quick as possible!!!

So recently I asked this boy out and he said yes and so he said we are in the talking stage but I have never been in the talking stage. So what do we do? How does this work? Do we walk to classes together? Do we hug? How does this work? It's awkward!!!
Reply 1
If you asked him out, you are dating and you just spend time in each other's company getting to know each other better and to see if you are compatible. You don't have to hug or kiss and the rest is up to the 2 of you. Meet up for lunch, go for a walk together, do something fun like bowling or cinema.

I've never understood the point of calling this a 'talking stage', because talking is what you do when you date, anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
If you asked him out, you are dating and you just spend time in each other's company getting to know each other better and to see if you are compatible. You don't have to hug or kiss and the rest is up to the 2 of you. Meet up for lunch, go for a walk together, do something fun like bowling or cinema.

I've never understood the point of calling this a 'talking stage', because talking is what you do when you date, anyway.

Thank you...but we are together but we don't talk. What should I do.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
we don't talk.

Why not?

There are thousands of topics for discussion. If the pair of you can't hold a face-to-face conversation for 5 minutes, there's no hope for a relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Why not?

There are thousands of topics for discussion. If the pair of you can't hold a face-to-face conversation for 5 minutes, there's no hope for a relationship.

So, he hugged me for the first time. He was soft and gentle. he talked to me and he asked me if I was okay.

He was very calm but after I was shaking and I was blushing
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So, he hugged me for the first time. He was soft and gentle. he talked to me and he asked me if I was okay.

He was very calm but after I was shaking and I was blushing

How about you concentrate on one Fred, I mean thread, about what's going on?

What you've just described isn't the basis for a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending