The Student Room Group

EY 2024 experience day

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've got mine booked for the 15th of April in Manchester for Assurance. For those of you that already attended, any tips on what to expect and how to do well?
Original post by moosky
I've got mine booked for the 15th of April in Manchester for Assurance. For those of you that already attended, any tips on what to expect and how to do well?

An Individual Assessment - Numerical and E-mail
Group Assessment - Group Discussion (try to get to a conclusion as soon as possible)
Interview - 1 on 1 interview with around 20 questions (try to answer all the questions aligning to the company values)
Reply 42
Original post by Avinashshaji
Group Assessment - Group Discussion (try to get to a conclusion as soon as possible)
Interview - 1 on 1 interview with around 20 questions (try to answer all the questions aligning to the company values)

Appreciate that, but wow 20 questions is a lot. Are they the standard interview questions companies generally ask or are there role-specific ones?
Original post by moosky
Appreciate that, but wow 20 questions is a lot. Are they the standard interview questions companies generally ask or are there role-specific ones?

I believe its standardised questions. For my assessment centre, they asked the same questions to everyone.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by JukuBarbie
Hi! I'm interested in joining the group chat :smile:

Can you share the group link with me as well in the pm
Original post by ghostboy1
I have created a gc, please message me and ill add you if youre interested.
Not posting here bc of spam/scammers joining the chat (evidenced of another gc I joined via TSR)

Can you send me the link to WhatsApp group also in the pm
Reply 46
I believe its standardised questions. For my assessment centre, they asked the same questions to everyone.

What questions were you asked?
Reply 47
Hi, I got invited to an Experience Day for EY Graduate 2024 Assurance aswell.
Message me if you still want to practice

Hello, I am intrested
Reply 48
Original post by moosky

hello, how was your EYX
Reply 49
Hello, i am interested in the Group for EYX practicals
Reply 50
Original post by haisha
hello, how was your EYX

It was alright, wasn’t bad at all. It was a nice experience because other people were going through it as well. Friendly faces and good convo.

The assessments themselves weren’t too bad. The individual was straight forward. Very similar to the online assessments so if you did well in those then you have nothing to worry about. The group activity was okay as well. Just a group discussion on a given situation. Main thing is to be heard and make sure others are heard as well. The interview was interesting, especially the strengths-based questions. They were very situational and focused so you knew what they were looking for, but open-ended enough to allow you to take it anywhere you wanted. There were also your normal standard interview questions.
(edited 1 week ago)
please pm me and i can send the link

Hi, could I also have it pls.
Reply 52
Hey is there anyone still going for a EY graduate experience day this week? Would like to connect
Reply 53
Original post by MHamza1234
Can you send me the link to WhatsApp group also in the pm

Anyone mind adding me to the gc if still active? I have my experience day this week
Reply 54
Original post by haisha
Hello, I am intrested

Interested as well
I recently did my EYX day and got passed through to the final interview- how long did it take for anyone who passed to get sent a link to the interview?
Reply 56
Original post by Mwesh
Anyone mind adding me to the gc if still active? I have my experience day this week

Don’t think that gc is active anymore, or at least the one who created it

Hey I can see that you have done the Assessment Centre. I was wondering if you could maybe assist me with query I have.
I have applied to an industrial placement for Assurance in the Leeds office. And I completed my EY one Assessment on the 18th of April. And then straight after it had said that someone would review my application.

Now my portal has said this since yesterday:

Thank you for your application to EY and congratulations on making it to this stage in the recruitment process.
We are currently shortlisting candidates and will shortly be in touch as to whether you have been successful in securing a place on our EY Experience Day. We will send you an invite via email to confirm this and details of the event.

Please could you tell me what that means, is it good news or bad news. And did this happen to you and how long after did you get the AC invited after receiving that message on your application portal.
Your application will show you as being at the fourth stage - EY Experience Day, during the shortlisting process, please wait until you receive an email from EY to confirm if you have been successful.
Reply 58
Original post by Aliyan1234
Hey I can see that you have done the Assessment Centre. I was wondering if you could maybe assist me with query I have.
I have applied to an industrial placement for Assurance in the Leeds office. And I completed my EY one Assessment on the 18th of April. And then straight after it had said that someone would review my application.
Now my portal has said this since yesterday:
Thank you for your application to EY and congratulations on making it to this stage in the recruitment process.
We are currently shortlisting candidates and will shortly be in touch as to whether you have been successful in securing a place on our EY Experience Day. We will send you an invite via email to confirm this and details of the event.
Please could you tell me what that means, is it good news or bad news. And did this happen to you and how long after did you get the AC invited after receiving that message on your application portal.
Your application will show you as being at the fourth stage - EY Experience Day, during the shortlisting process, please wait until you receive an email from EY to confirm if you have been successful.

It’s neither good nor bad. It means they’re reviewing your application and deciding whether to progress you to the Experience Day or not. They’re judging your performance on the EY One Assessment against other candidates who have or are still yet to take the assessment.

From my experience it was a long process. I took the EY One Assessment back in November and was in the shortlisting stage from December to March. It could be different for you but it does say that the length of the process depends on factors like location, service line etc.

Right now it’s just a waiting game for you. You’ll find out when you find out.
Original post by moosky
It’s neither good nor bad. It means they’re reviewing your application and deciding whether to progress you to the Experience Day or not. They’re judging your performance on the EY One Assessment against other candidates who have or are still yet to take the assessment.
From my experience it was a long process. I took the EY One Assessment back in November and was in the shortlisting stage from December to March. It could be different for you but it does say that the length of the process depends on factors like location, service line etc.
Right now it’s just a waiting game for you. You’ll find out when you find out.

Hi Thanks for the response. In a way can I take it as good news, because if I have reached the shortlisting stage it would mean that I have passed there EY One Assessment no?

But I get your point that this does not really mean anything until I get the confirmation from themselves. So in your experience you basically had to wait like 3 to 4 months.

The programme that Iv applied starts in July I believe, so I presume they will be a bit quicker with me do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending