The Student Room Group

A-level subjects and careers

I'm in year 12 and currently take art, biology, geography and chemistry but I've been wanting to drop chemistry since September but my dad won't let me even though chemistry was my weakest from the start (6 in gcses) and I've just been getting U's....

I really want to pursue something in the creative field in the future like fashion designing but I'm also not 100%. So, if I do end up dropping chemistry would you consider art, geog and bio as good combinations?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by meltylove
I'm in year 12 and currently take art, biology, geography and chemistry but I've been wanting to drop chemistry since September but my dad won't let me even though chemistry was my weakest from the start (6 in gcses) and I've just been getting U's....

I really want to pursue something in the creative field in the future like fashion designing but I'm also not 100%. So, if I do end up dropping chemistry would you consider art, geog and bio as good combinations?

If it's for a creative career I don't think the subject combos will matter so much but more your portfolio and passion (so art would definitely be great). I think keeping bio and geo then gives you quite a broad range if you ever feel like changing so I think it's a good varied combination. Just try to get good grades in them and then it should be fine
Reply 2
Original post by study23!
If it's for a creative career I don't think the subject combos will matter so much but more your portfolio and passion (so art would definitely be great). I think keeping bio and geo then gives you quite a broad range if you ever feel like changing so I think it's a good varied combination. Just try to get good grades in them and then it should be fine

Ah okay, thank you! I heard some unis take geo as a science too so hopefully that'll help if I ever change my mind.

Quick Reply

Latest