The Student Room Group

Sixth form in Bolton

Hi, I want to know if they are accepting students in any sixth form in Bolton in January, I want to apply. I just got here.
Hi there! I do not study at BSF, but I live in Bolton and have plenty of friends who attend there.

To my understanding and based on what I've heard from people who go there currently, standard entry for a first-year A Level student is only open in their regular application cycle which is open now! (https://www.bolton-sfc.ac.uk/apply/application-timeline/) If you've recently moved to the Bolton area and are already in your study, I'd advise e-mailing Boltons admissions office - [email protected] - for more information about transferring.

There are plenty of other sixth forms both in Bolton or which are open to Bolton sixth form students which you might also want to look at - Cannon Slade, Turton and Thorn Leigh are within Bolton itself. Many Bolton-based students also commute to Holy Cross and Bury College, and Runshaw College in Leyland runs three direct bus services from town to their campus (as a Runshaw student, I am biased in saying its the best one.)

Best of luck in your application!
Reply 2
Original post by BioCatalyst
Hi there! I do not study at BSF, but I live in Bolton and have plenty of friends who attend there.

To my understanding and based on what I've heard from people who go there currently, standard entry for a first-year A Level student is only open in their regular application cycle which is open now! (https://www.bolton-sfc.ac.uk/apply/application-timeline/) If you've recently moved to the Bolton area and are already in your study, I'd advise e-mailing Boltons admissions office - [email protected] - for more information about transferring.

There are plenty of other sixth forms both in Bolton or which are open to Bolton sixth form students which you might also want to look at - Cannon Slade, Turton and Thorn Leigh are within Bolton itself. Many Bolton-based students also commute to Holy Cross and Bury College, and Runshaw College in Leyland runs three direct bus services from town to their campus (as a Runshaw student, I am biased in saying its the best one.)

Best of luck in your application!

Thank you so much 😊, I will do just that, really appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending